Used 2005 Audi A4 Wagon Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Audi A4 Wagon

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Wife's Ride
By jrh332

2005 Audi A4 Wagon New 2.0T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Just bought the Audi 5 days ago so we just have a couple hundred miles experience with it. We bought it to replace a 2002 Cadillac Escalade so this is a major change. This will be my wife's car but I will also drive it when I can get it away from her. This Avant is a turbo 4 6 speed manual. 25+ mpg so far even around town. Xenon lighting is fantastic. Car was loaded with AM/FM CD changer Sirius satellite radio, 17" wheel sports suspention, headlight washers, cold weather package, premium interior. Great handling along with excellent fit and finish sold us on this vehical. Hope we made the right desision.

Strong Turbo 4 cylinder 6 speed manual High equipment content Build quality Fun factor

More rear seat leg room. I'm 6'3" and no one can sit behind me when I drive. Guess that's why they are making the A6 Avant.

New 3.2 Rules
By saoc

2005 Audi A4 Wagon New 3.2 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I just replaced my 02 A6 2.7T with a loaded A4 3.2. I got everything except the tire monitor and the rear parktronic. I looked at the TL, G35, Lexus and just couldn't leave the Audi family. The build quality is so much better than the Japanese cars. Everything in the A4 is so tight. I loved my A6 and had no problems in 41000 miles.

NAV, quattro, stereo with XM, included service

Trunk is smaller than the others and less functional. They need to reshape it so that it is wider.

New 2.0T Engine is Fantastic!
By Jeff

2005 Audi A4 Wagon New 2.0T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had this car for two weeks and love it more and more every day. The 2.0T FSI is just an amazing engine - far more powerful and smooth than the previous 1.8T. Even with the Avant/Quattro/Auto set-up, this car hauls butt! Good gas miliage too. This engine is a true revelation. Audi upgraded the A4 suspension (S4 parts) and has finally matched bimmer in ride and handling. The rest of the car is beautifully built and feels solid as a rock. Audi interiors are, in MHO, the best in the industry. This car is tops in the entry lux/sport sedan catagory, and with Avant funtionality, it combines the best of sporty/SUV/compact attributes all into one catagory.

Engine (obviously), Quattro, lux interior, wagon/hatch functionality, and the sublimely solid "thump" when closing the doors.

I can't think of one. The A4 with new engine and suspension is just perfect. Everything is right on. You've just got to drive it to believe it.

Wonderful Car
By gary

2005 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Delivered in flawless condition. Routine maintainance only through 1st 10000 miles. Quiet interior. Manual transmission with 1.8 provides plenty of power. Have bashed rear bumper hard a couple of times with virtually no damage.

Really fun to drive. Great brakes. Always feel safe. Standard sound system is equal or better than upgraded systems in more expensive cars.

Additional 1 or 2 gears at high end to cruise at lower rpm

Constant Improvements
By Ronald S. Ross

2005 Audi A4 Wagon New 2.0T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My fifth Audi...solid, thoughtful in small touches, far more torque than expected. I am delighted. having owned an A6 and two allroads plus an S4 Avant, this car is a delight for much less money.