Used 2004 Audi A4 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Audi A4 Convertible

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

A blast to drive but VERY pricey to fix!
By Paul

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is an amazing car to drive. It handles like a dream on both dry roads and ice packed roads. The interior is beautiful and very functional. You will definitely get some head turns with this car. I would, however, anyone who is considering buying this car to reconsider. The car is extremely expensive to fix and seems to have more problems than the average car. I have taken amazing car of the car but unfortunately it has not returned the favor. In the past 6 months I have put approximately $4500 into the car. I don't know how much longer I can keep it up. I would highly recommend looking at a Toyota convertible.

The 220 hp engine and AWD! It handles like it is on rails!

Much better reliability. The car would be absolutely prefect if it wasn't riddled with so many electrical problems. Don't let the perks of the car blind you from the fact that you might be in the shop every month.

So So Audi
By FLAJIM

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have had my A4 for 2.5 yrs. I had 34000 miles on the car when I bought and now have 82000. In the last year I have had to replace the ignition coil, fuel pump, and I'm getting ready to take it in for a trans module that costs $2000. And I just found out my top leaks and will need to be replaced at $2500. This is a car you need to get rid of at 40 or 50k miles. Audi I hope you see this review. It's time to trade for a Toyota or Honda.

Good/Fun Car!
By KyMy

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have owned Audi for just about a year now! I am the type of person to get over my cars within a year. So far, I am still loving it! It handles great! I love to drive it long distances, due to how comfortable it is. It was between the BMW 325 CI or this and I am so glad I choose this car!

Automatic convertible top. CVT Transmission. Handling. How quiet it is with the top up. Seats

Needs a little better acceleration. Still it is much better then the BMW 325CI. Better location for the cup holders. More trunk room!

1.8t
By Joel

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I love my car, great price, great look. The only bad thing that have is the front bumper is too patch to the floor and in the street of Puerto Rico is a problem. But this car is great. The best car I ever have. Best than a Volvo C70, BMW 335, Mercedez CLK, Saab or Volkswagon.

I love the car.

The rear window is too little to run the car in reverse.

Buying 2 more
By AudiLover

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I cannot tell you how much I love this car. Coming from a previous Chevy Tahoe, this car is ridiculously built better and the mpg I get is 30 in town and around 35 on hwy. I love the top, mine's white body with blue top. I was warned about the maintenance and labor cost for German cars, they're not any higher than a Tahoe to maintain and you save on gas too. I have 64k on mine and it's never given me one complaint, just oil changes and regular service. My husband's also getting one to get rid on the truck 15mpg.

5k mile oil changes, top, Bose radio, Xenon, everything!

None!!