Used 2002 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews - 266 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Audi A4

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

What a great design
By Mike B

2002 Audi A4 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The driver's experience is clearly what the engineers had in mind when designing this car. The engine delivery and transmission shifts are silky smooth. The turbo layout turns a usually puny 1.8 litre 4 banger into a fun and almost organic feeling torquey little animal! Audi has designed the drivetrain well. The interior and exterior both have the same concept in mind. Clean and sexy lookin. Some of my friends chuckle at me getting the wagon but I love it. It's just way to versitile to pass up. I play hockey and have a Big German Shepherd. I need the space. The other day I had three big dogs in the back and they all had room to lie down and relax on our trip.

The simple sexy design. The drivetrain performance and smoothness. The fuel economy. The handling is top notch. Overall I just really enjoy driving this car. Great sound system also. I love the room also.

This car needs a 6 speed, come on Audi! I'm at too high an RPM at highway speeds. The seat recliner wheel seems silly. I'm worried about electrical issues from other's reviews. I have had one issue with the radio. The cup holders and center arm rest are kind of awkward.

Transmission Killer
By Audi A4 3.0

2002 Audi A4 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I love the way this car looks, feels and drives, however... We just put in our third new replacement transmission!! The car has been in the shop for 4 months out of the last two years. The mechanic had to order the tranny from Germany as they are on back order in the US. The transmissions are about $7000 a piece. Thank God for extended warranties!! Buyer beware.

The look and feel. It's a very solid vehicle, and it handles extremely well when it's not in the shop.

Pure Satisfaction
By D

2002 Audi A4 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I love this car!! After owning it for 4 1/2 years, I still feel the same as when I purchased it new. It has the sports suspension which handles very well. This vehicle is the first automatic transmission I have owned, therefore, having the CVT transmission has been wonderful. There is no hesitation when going through the gears upon acceleration and is smooth as can be. The seat is comfortable and the ride is quiet. The stiffer sports suspension is exactly what one expects from BMW. This car has had NO electrical or engine problems and is very reliable. A new dealership which opened closer to my home (after owning my car for 2 years) is top notch; offering car washes, and prompt service.

CVT transmission with the sports suspension, and the heated seats.

I can't think of anything to improve, I love this car.

Stick shift 3.0 smokin' ride
By TONY may

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I really love this car. The 6 speed makes it a blast to drive and the performance is really good. All wheel drive makes winters fun too. Built nice and strong. Love this car and it loves me.

Power and 6 speed. Cool dash.

Rims scratch very easy - need to get better/harder rims. Steering wheel controls would be nice

Audi A4 1.8T
By J. Amador

2002 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought my Audi from Audi USA (used with 3k). I bought it over the internet and shipped to Europe (wanted US Spec Car). I drove the car up to 128 MPH and it ran flawlessly. Hugged the road and driving at 100 MPH felt like going 55. I did have a problem with the gas cap sensor that Audi corrected. Overall the car has been great and provides super gas mileage while providing umph when you need it. It has the normal turbo lag but overall very pleased. Back seat could be a touch larger. Very glad I got the 1.8T motor over the 3.0. I had 3 series BMW before this one and prior had the Audi 4000CS. Not knocking the BMW but find the Audi more of a joy to drive. Enjoy!!!

Performance with such a small engine by far is the best feature and considering the gas mileage - its grand.

Back seat a bit tight. Would like to see bigger side mirrors. The Phatbox should be standard - love it!