Used 2001 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used A4 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...22

Pros
Cons

Great car!!

bustamove2000, 04/13/2013

I bought this car in November of last year and have had it for about six months, other than routine maintenance and fixing the simple stuff it runs great and gets great mileage. Every time i read these reviews i get angry because people complain about how much it cost to do simple repairs on the car and hows theirs engine sludge, One do routine oil changes like you should and you would not have this problem, two if the problem is a simple fix Do It Yourself the car is surprisingly easy to work on for a audi turbo charged vehicle, never take the car to audi to get it fixed they will make you pay a arm and a leg. and lastly my car has 180000 miles on it and runs like new.

Reliability isn't bad, but could be better

eddy_e84, 03/02/2012

I bought my 2001 Audi A4 1.8T in November of 2010 & it's now March 2012, so 15 months (almost a year & a half). Keep in mind this car was 10 years old when I bought it... 4 months into owning it I need a new flex pipe: $250 parts and labor At 12 months I needed to change some hoses: $50, change the boost value for the turbo: $150 and fix a leak in the brake assembly: $50 for a total of: $250 parts & labor. At 15 months (today) I needed to fix the turn signal relay: $50 and do 1 of my rear bearings: $300. Total: $350 parts & labor So I've $850 in repairs. Excluding regular maintenance items, ie I've changed the brake pads, windshield wiper, tires and the oil changes.

2001 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8

Steve, 07/23/2006

First of all, I can safely say that I still would have made the purchase back in October 2000, knowing what I know now. The only major disappointment in this vehicle has been the mileage. It has averaged probably less than 20 MPG (I mostly drive city), and even a fuel tank with 100% freeway miles is probably only averaging 25 or 26 MPG, which isn't great. Still, that's a minor quibble. The engine has been a complete dream. No problems whatsoever. the only glitches on the vehicle have been a leaking washer fluid gasket on the high pressure headlights, a broken elastic piece on the glovebox door, and a loose door handle on the driver's side. That's it - in over 5 years. I'll buy again.

Nice ride, when it's not in the shop...

O_o, 11/13/2009

The A4 is a nice balance between a sport sedan, family sedan, and luxury sedan. PERFORMANCE: You won't blow anybody's doors off, but its 190 HP and 210 ft-lb of torque are enough to put a grin on your face from time to time. With the AWD, it handles great in all kinds of weather, fair or foul. The ESP is a bit overactive, however, and cuts in on even the slightest hint of any wheelspin. Fortunately, it can be disabled with the push of a button. INTERIOR: The interior is very comfortable and well laid out, and it's loaded with convenience features. There isn't much room for adults in the rear, but it's OK for kids. The trunk is very large and easy to access. The pass-through is handy also.

Good, if not great...

AreEmm, 02/16/2004

I've done a variety of driving in this car, (city, highway, long trips), and it's always performed nicely. It's fun to drive, feels rock solid, will go through almost anything with Quattro, responds nicely to all driver input and looks great. I wish it got better gas mileage and the interior was more comfortable. The armrest sucks, the cup holders blow, the automatic climate control system is on drugs half the time and the seats are less than luxurious. All that aside, (and those are some minor gripes), i think it's a great car. Speaking of minor, the backseat is a joke, but what do i care, i sit up front!

12345...22