Used 2008 Audi A3 Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Audi A3

View reviews for a specific A3 model:

Problems with Audi
By Carlos Fernandez

2008 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

With only 5,000 miles on my brand new A3, the power window is broken, the power seat for the driver is broken, and now the transmission is giving problems. I will never buy another Audi again. This is the most problamatic car I have ever had, worst than the old Ford Explorer. I am going to ask for a refund.

Needs new window motors, new power seat, and now new transmission with only 5,000 miles on the car

Fun, Practical, and Cool!
By youngmc8

2008 Audi A3 2.0T PZEV 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Having driven my A3 for 7+ months now, I am very happy with this purchase. My previous car was a Subaru WRX, which made me consider what I would give up in performance with an A3. Well, now I realize that for 99% of my driving, the Audi provides more than what I need. (That 1% is pushing it beyond my comfort zone anyways.) The A3 gives you refined power and handling. It is a smart blend of style and practical considerations in a sports sedan. It has been a very responsive, comfortable, and rewarding driving experience.

DSG transmission with shift paddles - you gotta try these!

A solid, instead of mesh, inside sunroof cover for those hot sunny days.

Love the A3!
By BobJ

2008 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my 7th Audi including A4s and a TT. I love this car! The 2.0 engine is a tremendous improvement over the old 1.8. The A3 is quick, has great handling, is nicely appointed and is a kick to drive. New car pricing is a bit hefty, but I bought mine at the end of the year and saved a lot. In '08, if you wanted AWD you had to buy the 3.2L engine, and the price got pretty high. I understand that they are working on the pricing issue for '09. My wife has an Acura MDX, but now she's borrowing the A3 whenever she can grab it.

Great handling, 2.0L engine, interior design.

Offer an affordable Quattro version with the 2.0L engine.

This is one bad little car
By puroman

2008 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First road trip with the car using sport shifting with the dsg and was completely gobsmacked by the performance of this car. Goes like stink, handles the curves like it's nobody's business and that transmisssion is without a doubt the best in the world and worth the extra cash. Throw the back seats down, throw the dog in, and off you go. Lots of room for two with luggage and that's all you need. Gas mileage is superb for a car with this performance. Too bad is has to be high test but you can't get everything. Ipod setup is easy but info on instrument panel could be a little more informational and clearer. But just go drive (faster if possible) you will love this car

DSG, performance, gas mileage, exterior styling especially the front

Wish the open sky opened a bit more. Maybe if the back moon roof opened

Excellent, Fun Car for the Money!
By ASM

2008 Audi A3 2.0T PZEV 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great car, and I have had plenty to compare it to. I also own a Prius, which I kept, but I wanted a "fun" car, and I got that. I know everyone raves about the automatic, but frankly I love the stick shift. It is very responsive, and once you get use to the great distance the clutch goes in (I am only 5'4") shifting is very smooth! I have an hour drive to and from work everyday, and this has made it a pleasure!

Styling, manual shift, great pickup, the hatch back (I can fit tons in this car for its size), great sound system.

More features should come standard, rather than as "options", more storage, move the cupholders so large drinks don't inhibit the manual shift.