Used 2008 Audi A3 Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Audi A3

View reviews for a specific A3 model:

Tire noise destroys a good relationship
By fbclt

2008 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had read other reviews that indicated tire noise could be a problem, especially with the Pirelli P6 tires. I thought I had escaped that fate as the first year was great; lot's of fun to drive, average 32.5 mpg overall, reasonably peppy and good brakes and handling. After the 16,000 miles service and tire rotation the tire howl began. I returned to Audi service who tell me that alignment and suspension are in spec and the tires are cupped which is causing the road noise. The noise has only gotten worse. Plenty of tread left but unless the Pirelli tire dealer I see Saturday does something to adjust this, I will have to report to Audi and Pirelli that they have lost a customer for life.

Gets in its own way
By big mountain

2008 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great car if you like going to the dealer. Mechanically, it is perfect but the build quality is a disaster. Handles great, fast, average over 30 mpg in a mixed commute. Easy to park in the city. All of the doors have been taken apart for wiring harnesses being out of the clips. The radio was a mess. Seat belt receiver replaced, etc. Now I have 2 mystery rattles, the drivers door handle and an exhaust rattle.

MPG, Looks, Sound of engine and sound system, panoramic roof, wheels.

Build this car once, don't make your dealers rebuild it. If you are interested and see one on the lot with the Pirelli P6 tires, walk away. Belts split at 25k miles. New tires have made this car much better.

Re-Review to BAD
By Amylynn

2008 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I posted a review after I bought my Audi last August raving about it. I now wish to retract my raves! The ride and fun level are all great...but I am burning thru a quart of oil about every 1000 - 1500 miles! I can't even make it to a regular oil change without the light coming on or me putting oil in it sometimes twice. Terrible! I am dumping this thing before it dies on me. I drive 120 mile a day and can't risk being left on the side of the road, Audi care or not! I am going back to a Honda or Toyota...loved both! Too bad, such a beautiful car.

Handling, fun, styling

Engine, turbo needs work so it doesn't suck oil, premium fuel. Poor amount of features for the price.

Great car
By deg

2008 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my forth Audi. I've had two 5000's an A6 quattro and now this 2008 A3 2.0T 6A. My wife drives it most of the time. We both love it. Have 11700 miles on it. No trouble at all. I highly recommend the ca.

Drive train and handling

2008 did not offer quattro with2.0T

I would buy it over and over again
By Joseph Gutman

2008 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After the fuel crunch I decided to get rid of my Mercedes E-500 AMG. I looked for fun, reliability, some luxury, good dealer service and a car that was practical. And I found all of it in the A3. Tried the 3.2 version and it ws not much better. I love driving and commuting on my A3. Nothing fails and if you go on-line you can find a few "easter-eggs" that Audi engineers left as a gift in hiding. It handles like a sports sedan and hums like a sprts car. It is just the perfect car for the person with a few bucks, without the need to be a show-off.

Style, comfort. performance and economy. I am 6'3" tall and I have plenty of room.

I would love to see an extra D/C outlet close to the dash board.