Used 2007 Audi A3 Wagon Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Audi A3 Wagon

View reviews for a specific A3 model:

Design ERROR
By PKWadkins

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 3.2 quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Have an A4, love it, decided to get an A3. Worse mileage than our truck, turns 3000 RPMs at highway speed, can't even make 10MPH in 1st gear. TERRIBLE design point. We've contacted Audi, they blame everyone else (dealer, etc) - but it is the worst design I have seen in 30 years of buying cars. Lighter than the A4, same power (V6), smaller, and about 10MPG worse than the A4 - blows my mind. We won't touch Audi again - due to Audi USA refusing to discuss, acknowledge, suggest fixes (ie, different gear ratio in the differentials). By the way, I'm an engineer, have extensive auto experience...

Gear ratios MUST CHANGE. It is an absolute disaster. No idea why it has 1st and 2nd gears - it is like LOW speed 4WD on US trucks....

Not a good purchase!!
By Waste

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased the premium package with the white exterior and dark grey interior. This is a good looking car, BUT I have had so many problems with it. Exteriorly, the trim on the sky system keeps on popping off. I had to bring my vehicle in 4 times to get this fixed. The Pirelli tires that come stock are terrible! I had to replace the fronts under 20000 and the rear 25000. Now I am having engine problems with the transmission. Recommendation: don't purchase this vehicle! Also very noisy while driving past 60 mph especially if you get the roof racks, which are also junk. Mine broke the first week I got them.

Fun car to drive.

Get rid of the crappy stocked Pirellis. After driving 19,000 miles one of the tires got a huge gash in them. This comment is for Audi "Use quality and stop being so cheap!"

Bigger than it appears. And it Rocks!
By Mark, VA

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The car seems pricey for an A3 sized chassis, but the car seats everyone comfortably. The hatchback also can fit a lot. I bought a big grill at Home Depot and the sales associate looked at me like I was crazy for thinking the grill in its box would fit in my car. It did. Hatchback closed. The car accelerates and handles great. I do seem to go through tires a bit, and I've been told that by mechanics that the A3 does seem to chew up the front three tires faster than normal.

Sound system is great. Love how quickly the car shifts in automatic.

I've never said "I wish this car..." once. So no realistic improvements in my case.

Fun!
By G Popenoe

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It has been very reliable. There are none of the squeaks or rattles identified in other reviews. It brakes confidently. Steering is wonderful and acceleration makes it plenty quick without being stupid fast. What the reviews don't tell you is that this is the ultimate city car. Compact, practical, quick and stylish. Yet it will pour itself done a twisty back road with verve. It's only weakness is touring on US freeways. For that you need something heavier with a longer wheel base. But since 90% of my driving is in the city, I couldn't be happier with my choice. Beware of the clutch take up on the DSG transmission. It is set agressively.

DSG tranny is great for urban driving. More fun than a traditional automatic, less work than a clutch. Handy hill hold feature. Sky roof gives a cool vibe and lots of fresh air. Love it. Great motor, steering, brakes. You know, the stuff that counts. Impeccable Audi style inside and out.

Radio gets low marks. Burned CD's will damage it. (had to replace my radio under warrantee.)Will not play MP3's. Sirius radio plays at less that CD quality. Rear visibility is compromised by large C posts and high rump. Seats could be a bit more comfortable at this price range.

Surpurised by lack of quality
By Colorado

2007 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great, versatile car. It offers a fun to drive, economical vehicle that can also hull a large amount of equipment, especially with the rear seats folded down. I don't think any other car on the market has all of this. I purchased the S-line with just about every option available. I can't imagine living without rain sensing wipers now. Which leads to my dilemma. I will have to replace this car before the warranty runs out. I have had three major issues with the vehicle with a total down time of well over a month, and this within the first year of ownership. I hate to say it, but I cannot recommend this car based on its poor reliability.

Can haul a lot more stuff than my Lotus Elise, and although not near the performer as the Elise, still pretty fun to drive. Also, gets great gas mileage for the performance given.

Make a car that doesn't break down on a monthly basis. If I was paying for the repairs, I'd be in the 4 digit range, which is why I sold my Ferrari.