Used 2006 Audi A3 Consumer Reviews - 176 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Audi A3

View reviews for a specific A3 model:

Love It!
By KK

2006 Audi A3 3.2 quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I love driving this car! It handles great around corners and has a nice tight suspension. The extra moon roof is a great addition. Not too happy with the cellphone charger application as it became out of date pretty fast but the bluetooth on the other hand was ahead of its time. Only at 38,000kms and pretty happy with it. I found when I put winter tires on it was really quite noisy in the car. So far the only issue I have had with it is my rear tail light keeps burning out and I am not sure why? I still need to take it in for some kind of recall with the gas cap issue. People actually stop me and ask me about this car, too bad they won't be making it with the 3.2 anymore.

Moonroof, bluetooth, hangers to hold your shopping bags in the trunk, brakes, performance.

Cup holders, need a place to hold change, electrical?

Nearly 4 years in...
By AW

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

... and just passed 65,000 miles. Still love driving the car. Clutch still good. So far, failures are: a/c compressor, turbo valve, psgr lock button and radiator gave way at 52,000 miles; the last one really got me bent 'cause the car was just out of warranty. Now have check engine light on, but car is running fine. Coded as fuel cap leak, so not worried. Car is on third set of tires. Original pirellis VERY noisy when worn, got zeons then yokahamas. Zeons good but wore out in about 5 minutes, yokahamas are a good compromise.

Engine, handling, BRAKES, looks, gearbox, overall performance, comfort (in front), utility of hatchback design.

Fuel economy, spotty reliability, wheel hop, comfort (in back).

Reliability is terrible
By jopsomer

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had an Audi A3 2006 and it's been nothing but trouble, with numerous repair visits to the dealer (covered by warranty until recently). The problem areas have been the fuel injection system and various electronic components. Just in the last 6 months, I've been to the dealer 7 times. If you like to spend time in the waiting room of your dealership, this is the car for you. Otherwise, there are much better (and cheaper) choices out there.

Drives well when it's working.

Make a more reliable car.

A3 Tire noise
By Irv

2006 Audi A3 3.2 quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I love the car, however, at 7500 miles I complained about tire noise. The dealer's response was to replace the tires. I felt that this answer was inadequate. Am I supposed to replace my tires every 7500 miles? Audi obviously knows about the problem on the A3 but refuses to do anything about it. This has soured me on the car. I will never buy another Audi.

Compact size, good handling, good performance with the 3.2 quattro

Now I Get It!
By Florida commuter

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I needed a decent mileage, daily commuter that I could live with. Looked at domestic and Japanese offerings - settled on an 06' A3, 2.0T, DSG, 25,000 miles for $19k. The hatch layout provides extra room when I need it. This car is fun, fun, fun. Don't know how I ever lived without DSG trans. My 1st Audi and handles awesome. Had a 09' S4 convertible loaner during last service w/o DSG and couldn't wait to get mine back. Both front and back armrest latches have broken and there was a turbo problem - handled under warranty with loaner. The little problems are worth the fun factor for me!

DSG trans, 2.0T engine and good looks, cool dash, great mileage

some cheap plastic latches on armrests