Used 2006 Audi A3 Consumer Reviews - 176 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Audi A3

View reviews for a specific A3 model:

Love Hate relationship
By A3Man

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The car is absolutely amazing. For an all around do it all vehicle Audi hit the nail on the head. I love the design and the interior layout. I love the sportiness of the suspension and how the car handles every type of road thrown at it. I hate that I have taken the car in for two electrical problems already. First, was the coolant temperature sensor crapped out on me. Audi did order the part and had it in within a week though. Secondly my heated seats went out and come to find out it was just a plug issue. The 2.0T is capable, but needs more. A $600 chip increases to 250 HP and 300 lbs of torque. Cargo could be a little better, but any more and it would be an SUV. Overall it is a great car!

Interior comfort Sportiness Amenities

Engine power

The best of two worlds
By Tom

2006 Audi A3 3.2 quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2004 TT (3.2, quattro with DSG) for the A3 3.2 quattro in order to get a back seat. I thought I'd miss the TT but I don't. The A3 combines the performance of the TT (same engine same DSG) with the comfort of a five (well, really four) passenger car. It's lightening fast and the DSG offers even smoother shifts than on the TT. The styling outside and in is great, with elements of the TT and the A4. The new grill looks great on this model. Equipped with the bi-xenon headlights, navigation system (an MMI interface that becomes the command center for radio, CDs, telephone, navigation, etc.), open sky system and Bluetooth, it has it all.

Performance, DSG, navigation, Bluetooth, Open Sky System, Sirius

Parking brake bumps the arm rest when engaged. Pricey with all the options... but worth it.

No Regrets
By Raymond

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Pros: Excellent entry level luxury car. Lots of options available. The build quality is excellent inside and out (except for the sunshade - see below) and the car feels very solid and stable on the road. Plenty of power in the 2.0T model. Cons: Power driver seat only available on cars with Premium package (most dealerships carry the Sport package). No power passenger seat available. The latch on the sunshade for the Open Sky system broke within a week (Audi is supposedly releasing a kit to their service centers to fix this flimsy part).

Interior control layout. Nav system. DSG. Great gas mileage for a performance car (currently getting 28- 29 mpg according to the trip computer on mixed highway/city driving).

Put a better latch on the Open Sky sunshade. Road noise very audible during highway driving. No power passenger seat available. Power driver seat only available on hard-to-find package for a 30k+ car.

I'm converting to Audi for life!
By Jason

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my first Audi, and I couldn't be happier. The acceleration is amazing (0-60 faster than the Boxster), and the handling is crisp and responsive. The DSG is an engineering marvel as well. This car has opened my eyes to the beauty of Audi, and I will be an Audi loyalist from here on out. This car serves as my daily commuter as well as my weekend joyrider and it fills both roles admirably. The sport program on the automatic is also tons of fun, and useful for showing up coffee can exhaust bumble bees that meet you at red lights...

DSG, silky smooth turbo engine, crisp handling and excellent servo steering, sweet stock sound system.

A little more rear leg room is maybe the only thing.

Worth the wait!
By Lotus72

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had been looking to replace my VW Passat for the past year. The new Passats left me cold, I was waiting for the new GTI but after comparing the two and driving the A3 I had to have the Audi. Had mine special ordered as black, silver & grey are the only colors dealers seem to be stocking in the Northeast. I had mine done in white and it really stands out and shows off the cars lines. Great driving, awesome performance (zero turbo lag) and superb roadholding. Will dust many more expensive cars. Front seats very comfortable and sound system rocks.

DSG! Have always driven manual transmissions, but after driving both was 100% sold on the DSG. Best automatic on the planet. Fun to drive factor is amazing. Great acceleration.

I didn't want the "open sky" feature but would have ordered a conventional sunroof if available. Seat belt warning tone could wait a few seconds for someone to get in and seatbelted... tone goes off as soon as key is in the ignition, a little annoying is all.