2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio SUV Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stelvio model:

On the way to test drive a Macan I stopped at Alfa
By Maury

2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio SUV Ti Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

On the way to test drive a Macan I stopped at Alfa Romeo dealer and test drove a Stelvio Sport ti. It was so good I never made it to to the other dealer. I leased one on the spot. I love the design, craftsmanship and interior design. The smell of Italian leather welcomes me every time I open the door. Infotainment system is one of the best I have had so far. Engine is the standard 2 lit I-line turbo with 280 hp rating as many other crossovers out there but the unbelievably well tuned 8 speed transmission makes a huge difference in allowing you to enjoy every downshift and acceleration. Reliability is of course always an issue with Italian cars. Price of driving something different has never been so affordable.This is a great fun car for everyday commute. My other cars: 1-Maserati Levante 2017 (wife never lets me get my hands on it). 2- Chevy Corvette Grand Sport (2017) I love it dearly but I live in Michigan so it is in the garage half of the year. 3- Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 (nice drive, mpg). Just got rid of BMW 428 2 dr X drive.

It is a driver's car, plain and simple
By K Cope

2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio SUV Ti Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

There are more comfortable cars, ones with fancier interiors, and some with tons of high tech gadgets, but nothing under $75,000 drives like my Stelvio Ti Sport. I have owned sports cars as well as high end luxury sedans, and this is a perfect meld of the two. There has never been a car I owned which put a smile on my face and made me want to come up with excuses for which to drive. (Well, perhaps my Shelby Mustang GT350 . . . ) Whipping up and down through the gears with the paddle shifters on a twisty road while the car gurgles and pops is an absolute blast. I also considered the Jaguar E Pace and Porsche Macan, but to get the sports car experience you need to upgrade to larger engine sizes and much more expensive trim levels. (For the record, like both the Jag and Porsche very much) To date, I have had the car for six months, put 6,500 smile-filled miles on it, and have not had a single problem. Zero. I got a 10 year/125k mile warranty at a reasonable price when I bought it, so should not have too much to worry about for the next decade, other than replacing tires and paying off speeding tickets.

Great looking car with a myriad of problems
By Rick F

2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio SUV Ti Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is a great looking suv but don't believe the hype. Alfa Romeo customer service is terrible and our Ti Sport has had over a dozen mechanical and electrical problems in the first 5,000 miles. After the delling dealership promised to pick up and deliver our car for service, Alfa Romeo stopped the program. We had our car towed 60 miles to the closest dealer who had it for 3 weeks. The following problems occurred in addition to the 3 or 4 safety recalls: transmission slipping, rack and pinion steering complete failure (towing necessary), engine losing power causing us to go home in limp mode, nav system crash, outside temp probe failure, gas door outer skin fell off, headlight washer failure, and more. After calling daily, we managed to get our car back 3 weeks after it was towed to the dealer. When we got it back, the replacement steering rack is binding when turning the wheel in both directions. We want out of this quality nightmare but this junk loses $14,000 in resale value after 9 months and only 6,000 miles. Get anything else.

Awesome vehicle, will never own a BMW again.
By Randy

2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Owned a BMW X-3 and X-5 prior to buying my Stelvio. Was about to go to a Porsche Macen S and drove the Stelvio, way better driving vehicle than the Macen. Have had the Stelvio for about 10 months and love driving it, especially on road trips. Will never own another BMW after owning this Alpha Romeo, it is by far a superior vehicle to the BMW. This vehicle has power to spare on the road and is fast and smooth. I can drive this vehicle all day with out the fatigue produced in other vehicles, Love It. I tell every one thinking about an Audi, BMW or Mercedes to drive an Alpha Romeo before pulling the trigger, it will amaze yo.

Air Conditioning and Acceleration Delay
By Al

2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Almost a perfect crossover. The only two things I see needing improvement is the slight hesitation from a stopped position, and the air conditioning system. With a performance car, you can't have hesitation, yet at times there seems to be half to full second before the engine reacts to gas pedal. That is most important. Not so important, but of note, is the air conditioning system is not very good. The car never really gets so cold you turn the temperature gauge down, it's always fighting to stay or try to keep you cool. Not sure if it is the system or the fans don't blow enough air, but the interior of the car isn't that big that this should be an issue. First version of the suv, so i am sure these are easily rectified in 2019.