Used 2009 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews - 188 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Love My TSX - AWD Would be Fantastic
By KAB

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I most definitely love my car. Outstanding owner experience. Bought it in October 2008 and have logged 17K+ miles to date. No defects at all! I shopped Lexus, BMW etc. and settled on the TSX. Final choices came down to new TSX or used TL (or used BMW 330xi). Former Honda owner so in the end I wanted reliability and sacrificed AWD. The car is a pleasure to drive (quiet, no rattles etc.). For pure fun, I would have bought the BM'r, but did not want to face any downstream reliability or expensive maintenance. The only minor negative is the car is really so-so in the snow (even with snows) ... traction is not great. Everything else meets or beats my expectations!

Satellite radio, Acura ownership experience (zero issues to date with the car), exterior appearance and very happy with MPG (averaging close to 30 MPG as I do mostly highway driving).

1) I would never own another car if Acura added a model with AWD (the TL is a little too big and pricey). 2) Back seat area is a bit tight - not too bad though.

It's still new, but...
By Woodlands

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

So after driving some (used) BMWs and Infiniti's, I settled on this as it is brand new and has all the tech features I want. I didn't want to drop another $8-15k for the same things. So far I am very impressed with the performance, although it doesn't match BMW or Infiniti. That's not why I bought it. I do not race cars for a living, I drive near 80 miles per day commuting. I need fun and comfort. This car delivers on these. From the very intuitive voice recognition, to the sat radio and USB interface, there is so much fun to be had here. While it is much maligned by um... "professional" reviewers, I thoroughly love this car. For under $30k it more than meets my needs and wants.

Nav with real time traffic, USB interface, paddle shifters, button heavy console, all the different features with the nav, comfortable seats.

Add push button start/stop. Can't be that much more cost. Find a way to increase rear visibility.

No more Beemer
By Love my TSX

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just made the move from BMW 3 series to Acura and I am very happy with the decision. This Acura drives like a dream and I look forward to starting it up every day. The standard features along with the Tech package give you almost every advanced feature imaginable. The performance is almost comparable to the BMW (steering is a bit remote on the highway compared to a BMW) and is much more reliable (also, less expensive to fix - it is a Honda after all). I researched cars for quite some time before buying and could not find another car that combined luxury, performance, tech features, and style as well as the Acura TSX!

I love the style inside and out. The rear does remind me of BMW styling. Standard and Tech features are amazing. The car does have the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in.

Minor stuff not worth mentioning.

Overall, I am still happy with the car
By unlv

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have been driving the car for 8 months now. I found the ride too firm at first, but now I am used to it. The grill-design has grown on me as well. Steering feel is also fine; it is materially better compared to my old car (a 2004 V6 Camry). While not perfect, it is still a very good daily-driver in my opinion.

Great gas mileage. Large fuel tank. Lots of standard features. Feels very solid and safe. Great handling compared to my old Camry. Very comfortable front seats. Interior materials are first rate. Acceleration is above-average for a 4 cylinder car. Like the overall size (not too big, not too small).

Brakes are average; wish they were above average. Tight rear seat. Disappointed with the occasional engine "bay-rattle" and brake squeal noises I hear. Too much glare on center information display on bright sunny days. Average MPG as calculated by the car's computer is too optimistic.

Great step-up from the Accord
By howardhonda

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have only had this car for 10 days. For myself, over the past 25 years I have only purchased Honda Accords (all manual trans.). My last 2 have been EX- L and I have always been happy with them. I was planning since last year to buy myself another EX-L Accord (4- cyl) and just by chance I checked out the TSX. I loved it. It came with everything, factory installed, even options like memory seats, passenger power seats, home-link, and directional signals on outside mirrors that you couldn't even get on a loaded 4cy EX-L Accord. In my opinion, the car is so much more solid & luxurious than the Accord. And the gauges and trip computer are awesome!

Navigation system, blue-tooth, steering wheel & steering system, paddle shifters, comfortable seats, turn signals on mirrors, gauges, computer system for great feedback info to driver.

None!