Used 2009 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 188 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura TSX Sedan

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

understated
By kevin

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The first big deal is the seat comfort. I'm able to drive for over 3 hours without pain in thighs as I experienced in my BMer and my RL. Gas mileage at 75-80 is 34 mpg. Around town it's about 21.5 on mid-range gas-- -doesn't need supreme. I miss the 2 compartment (upper and lower full console in which I could put and FIND smaller things. Voice recognition, as usual, isn't ready for prime time---it really stinks! Accepting telephone numbers is near impossible even with my radio voice. It's quick off the gun, passes with ease; power to spare; and interior room is fine with good trunk space. I probably will go for another TSX as my lease comes due in 18 months.

Gas mileage. Driver's seat support and firmness. visibility. Zip and quickness. User friendly(especially when compared to the Germans!!!) controls.

Voice recognition. Storage boxes. More of a wrap to make driver seat more like a snug cockpit---it's close but not there like a Mercedes C300.

12 month 25Kmiles update
By highmiles

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Have owned the car for a year, 25K miles. Average MPG 28 (mostly Hiway, with local thrown in.) Reliability is great, maintenance costs about $400, all oil changes at 5K intervals. Dealer and manual says I can go longer. Have occasional problems with bluetooth. Either phone or car, not sure which. Have gotten used to sharp cutoff headlight pattern, though it is still disconcerting on hilly roads. Car is very comfortable on long drives.

Manual Transmission, gas mileage, handling. Seats are comfortable. Storage on console for EZPass, etc. Still on original brakes 90% wear left.

Key fob is annoying, opens in your pocket. AWD option. better display on console under glare. for 4 cylinder engine, up HP and torque so as to lower RPM's at speed.

Zero maintenance issues
By Love my TSX

2009 Acura TSX Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am comparing the car to a 3 series BMW. And I must now admit I did develop an emotional attachment to the way the BMW drives; the TSX just is not as exciting to drive. Here are the little things that do make up for the performance difference - tire pressure monitor, customized lighting settings, customized locking and unlocking of doors, auto reset of trip meter after gasing up, large GPS display, seemless bluetooth integration, nice all around visibility, very comfortable seats (and still sporty), good storage space, better pedal placement than the BMW, Ipod integration, and finally, zero maintenance issues.

Good value for money
By AcuraCU2

2009 Acura TSX Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

If you're cost conscious, fuel miser, but yet want a sporty, upscale, reliable, practical and techie car, this is the right car for you. I get 31mpg on long trips, Navigation and traffic reports are very useful. Acceleration is pretty smooth up to 100mph (umm...so I've heard ;) Looks nice and modern inside and out, and top notch fit and finish. The car is no slouch, but the car feels faster than it really is when it's moving. Overall, great value for money and should last a long time. I came from the 1st gen TSX, and this car feels more upscale.

I like the highway fuel mileage, 30+mpg, Can virtually any audio source you throw at it, Bluetooth connectivity is flawless for phone and music, rearview camera and side-dipping mirror are very useful. Navigation system easy to use. Large trunk can handle a bike when split seats are folded.

Drive by wire throttle is most aggressive than 1G, it's somewhat difficult to ease in on the throttle when accelerating from stop. Still fuel thirsty in city. (20-21mpg). Car isn't responsive to voice commands sometimes, so I rarely use it. Navigation screen glare (fixed for 2010)

What a great car
By Hammer

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased a TSX 4 cyl in Sep of this year. I have driven it approx 10,000 miles to date. More than normal for us. The reason I wanted to write this review is because I have no complaints about this car. It is the best vehicle I have ever purchased. I'm 60 yrs young and I had many new cars (ie. Chevys, Fords, Volvo, Saabs, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Honda, Nissan etc.), but this is by far the best I've had. I got 37 miles per gallon driving this vehicle on the interstate at 65 mph. I have yet to get under 30 mph with in town and driving home in the country. WOW now to me that is great! I could sell these cars.