Used 2009 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews - 190 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Real nice!
By WA husky

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have had this car for a year. It is comfortable, sporty, and fuel efficient. Zero problems. We wanted something upscale, safe, and completely reliable, and we got it. We felt this was also the best value in its class. While other cars may have better performance specs, we are not stunt drivers and in our urban environment, there's not much need for huge amounts of power or acceleration, although I have not found the car lacking when accelerating onto the highway from an on ramp, for example. Only gripe is the taupe interior looks great but is hard to keep clean.

Refined interior Reliability

Great car!
By KC_TSX

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for 15 months. It is a great car. Decent power w/ 4cyl. Very confident handling and ride. Comfortable and great style and features. Much less expensive than the entry level Euro cars I drove and priced. Performance equal to the competition for less money! Decent Gas mileage. Have avg 23 miles combined since new. Love the car. Occasionally wish I had the 6 but much more $$. Great car, great price, fun to drive. Super reliable!

Great overall package!

Slightly larger wheels and tires would be nice. A few more ponies (always need more power) and 25 or 26 mpg average would be nice -- on regular gas! (note, this car does take premium fuel)

Good Car
By TSX 09 lover

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I brought my Acura TSX about 5 months ago. The only issue I have with this car is the cheap speakers. I had to replace the speakers at the dealership two times. Other than that the car is perfect no other issues.

Better Speakers

Perfect blend of Luxury and Economy
By Str8sh0otr

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I came to this car from an 03 Maxima wanting something a little more luxurious and better on gas. Mission accomplished. This car has been wonderful. The standard options on this car make it a great value. I have friends with Mercedes C300 and BMW 3 series. I have driven/ridden in all these cars many times and I am glad I saved all that money. There is really nothing comparable in this price range.

Laundry list of standard options even with the non-tech package car. Great gas mileage and superior reliability.

Rear seat leg room is lacking. Ride is a little too stiff for my taste.

Great car with a few qualifications
By subcollector

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in an excellent 05 Nissan Altima. My wife fell in love with the TSX. Very handsome auto with Tech package. A whole lot of useless gadgets. Paddle shifters that I will never use. Nav system is wonderful. Gives excellent fuel economy. Could use some additional interior and trunk room. Steering is somewhat quirky. Extremely sensitive and requires constant correction on straight highway driving. Ride just a bit too sporty. You feel every rut in the road. Handles very well. Very well built. Only problem was a defective speaker. Nice car!

Tech package is great. Handles very well. Fuel economy.

Steering feel needs improvement. Ride quality is too harsh. Trunk too small