Used 2009 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews - 189 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Great car
By Stathis

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a great car... premium feeling for not that much $. While the engine is adequate, the lack of torque at low rpm is obvious.

Sound system

A turbo engine

13 years with a Mercedes, now my Acura
By Bru

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I leased a Mercedes C280 sedan new in '96 then bought out my lease. I had considered replacing it since about '03, looked for a new car every so often but couldn't find a worthy replacement, test drove many cars. This TSX was love at first sight. I had no idea Acura had redesigned the TSX until I visited the dealership - old one was a little too small & plain for me. Love It! Awesome! Fun! Intuitive! I feel like I'm driving the best looking car (definitely under 50K!) on the road. Honda/Acura reliability, 0-60 faster than the inline-6 Benz I sold, handles great, all the gadgets you want. Didn't get the tech package because a 6 disc changer is so 90's and I want a portable NAV. Cool!

Engine, Perforated tan leather, Audio system with USB, Seat comfort, Safety: 5 Star all around, MPGs, Acura sales staff professionalism. Design: TSX FRONT!, TSX SIDE! TSX REAR! (dual chrome exhaust even) Interior layout, road feel, size of the car, dash lighting at night, name it

Um...major sun reflection on the Central Information screen on very sunny days with the sunroof open, that's it.

Great car
By no

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was a confirmed small car driver but this car has changed my mind, it is not the big slow mid size but a taste of luxury I was not expecting at the price point. It is smooth and effortless to drive and gets me 31mph which is close to my old mini.

The sound system which allows me to plug in my Ipod without having to purchase extra fixtures and the zoned climate control, no more arguing over too hot or too cold with my passengers.

LOVE 09 TSX
By Stephanie

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I had been looking for a car for several months. When the new body style was released I fell in love. I use my vehicle to drive to and from work and school. She (my TSX) has taken good care of me. I look forward to getting in my vehicle every morning, traffic or not she is amazingly comfortable.

Favorite Feature is probably the seat warmers and the ipod connect. I know a lot of cars have this feature now... but I probably use these the most.

The navigation feature is helpful to have when you have a specific address. For some reason when you search for a specific place like CarMax it finds an address in another state. The technology may need to be updated.

Acura owner for life... stop debating, buy
By George

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I owned a Mitsu Eclipse GT for 7 years and put 148K miles (ZERO problems with that car). After contemplating whether to finally buy "my tsx" or continue driving the eclipse, there was no question once I got in. The seats hug you, the interior is nicely laid out and stylish. Good visibility inside the car, love the headlights too. The car grabs the road around turns and cruises down the highway. Even when I hammer on the car, I get no less than 28mpg. When I pay attention to real time mileage, I can get 32mpg. There is a certain power band and it doesn't start until 3500rpms. DO NOT 'race' anyone from a light... the car stumbles at the drop of the clutch until about 2K rpm.

The tech pkg is great... iPod, phone book all integrated on the nav screen. Comfortable ride. Quiet ride. Bought the blue... love the color.

Nav graphics are not nearly what they should be for a car like this... take lessons from Ford or Lexus. Upper corners near the windshield get dirty from WW fluid... poor fluid control design. In the winter, the front defrost doesn't get the lower left of the windshield and the wipers smear.