Used 2009 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews - 188 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Good blend performance + value
By 3pedals4me

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Have 2500 miles on new TSX. It's a very nice well rounded car...very good at everything though maybe not best-in- class at anything, except price/value. Drives very well, taut but not too stiff, nor mushy like Camry. Manual tranny is super though still getting used to that 6th gear. The engine, while not stout, performs superbly...you hardly notice when running at high revs...and MPG compares to my old VW Passat turbo despite being a heavier car (though the MPG reading calculated by the TSX is inflated about 10% vs actual). The interior comfort, esp the seats, are great...and the features (Ipod; XM; homelink; bluetooth) are amazing for the price. Definitely worth a close look!

Nice firm ride and firm leather seats. Six speed manual. Bluetooth and all the audio options. Instant MPG feedback. Oh yeah, and I have about $7 or 8 grand in my pocket compared to buying a comparably equipped A4!!

Let's be honest, the exterior styling is a bit dull. Layout of audio selections and channels are too close though the steering wheel controls help. And the glare from the audio screen is brutal on a sunny day. A bit slow from a dead stop. And the steering is a bit light at highway speed.

2nd Acura
By lots of miles

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

TL was last minute compromise on the last day of 2008. Still have a 2000 TL with over 160K on it so Acura reliability is a big plus. I looked at TL-SHAWD, but could not get over the BEAK. I also wanted a manual, fund to drive car with high reliability, low maintenance costs and good gas mpg. This car fulfills all of that and is a pretty comfortable driver to boot. Mileage is averaging 28-31 mpg, 6 spd is easy to use and car is not so "hot" that I am adding too many speeding tickets to my collection. Stereo is good, I dropped XM subscription after new car trial and use an Ipod instead. Overall, a pretty good deal with a low cost of ownership.

Fit & finish, MPG, handling, interior comfort, transmission. Also have almost 10 years good experience with the dealer.

Go to a key fob, switchblade key is annoying. V6 (I hear that is coming and would have waited). A little more low end torque and re- gear the 4cy; 3100RPM @80mph is high. Move CD slot lower on dash with position light, I find it hard to find at night. blue light illumination could be brighter.

Brakes are bad
By BRANDON

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The car looks great! Smooth ride on the highway. Seats are comfy! Love the chrome finishes on door handles & front grill.

Front grill & tail lights & seats

Need to improve on braking! Bit soft & not quick enough! The back seats not enough leg room. The center dash board/ radio display, has a glare. NAV should have "Touch Screen" & voice activated. Blue Tooth is HORRIBLE! Keeps HANGING UP! My brakes keep making squealing noises. Took it back twice.

Acura TSX
By Ryan

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my Acura TSX 5 days ago and I love it. At first I would kind of skeptical about buying a 4 cylinder vehicle, never even drove one before, but I can't even tell it's a 4 cylinder. If you are looking for an entry level luxury car, go and test drive one today! I bought mine from Smail Acura in Greensburg, PA and they showed me top of the line service.

Blue Tooth Wireless, XM Radio, Sound System!!!!!! (even though the tech package has a better sound system), Gas Mileage (I am averaging 25 mpg) & looking at the faces of other drivers share on my car.

Maybe 6 CD changer available in the base model.

Great car
By Stathis

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a great car... premium feeling for not that much $. While the engine is adequate, the lack of torque at low rpm is obvious.

Sound system