Used 2009 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews - 189 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

I Love This Car
By Michael

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Though less than a month old, I am in love with this car. I previously owned a 2005 Volvo S40 turbo, and while I have nothing but good things to say about that car, I think I like my 2009 TSX better. The interior can feel a bit like the cockpit of a 747 at first, but within days I was comfortable navigating and controlling it. The nav system with integrated blue tooth and iPod is a dream, and the the backup camera, while cheesy, is a nice touch. The only drawback to this car is power. At barely over 200HP, it seems hesitant to accelerate. The handling and braking work like a champ, but I would love to see this with a turbo. Overall, this is a fantastic car!

Blue tooth, iPod integration, comfortable interior with seating for 5.

A turbo model would be great

First Acura
By BlueTSX

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Although no one is ever going to be happy and you can never please those who are picky. I enjoy my Acura a lot and I believe that I have made a wise choice. This is my first Acura and I am very happy with this vehicle.

Navigation, and voice commands.

Less Hiss in Blue Tooth

Problems with tech pack/nav
By ben

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the car 2009 tsx /tech pack and since the first week noticed problems with the rearview camera - would not turn on despite the car in reverse. Also having problems with the nav syst. Would not activate despite the car being driven. The bluetooth system is not very clear as BMW and has lots of static. The louder the road noise the louder the static gets when you increase the volume to listen while using the bluetooth. Also the nav syst. will not let you pair the phone and this is an ongoing problems. It took Acura regal dealer 5 visits and a call to Acura headquarters to confirm the above issues. They have stated they will replace the system and all should be back to normal. No guarantee.

good gas mileage, handling and interior quality

better bluetooth and better nav syst, not currently updated

Best Bang for your Buck
By MWTSX

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Acura did a great job giving performance of a sport car along with comfort and convenience of a luxury car! It's slightly bigger and wider than the old TSX but it comes loaded for the price... I would have had to get so many upgrade packages in other makes to get the base model on the TSX! I didn't get the navigation but it doesn't matter. I had driven other models and Acura gives a nice tight drive with sold performance.

Tire pressure gauge, ipod that is able to control from the dash, heated leather seats, bluetooth and paddle shift is a lot of fun!

I like
By Eazgon

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When I drive it, I just feel so in control of the car. It's comfortable, the display is intuitive and it just feels like the car is one with you. Sound quality is excellent as well and you can hook up your ipod directly and see a listing of all your songs on the console. There are just so many gizmos to this car. Yes, with 4 cylinders you don't feel that extra umph of power you get from a V6 but it's more than enough, especially from city driving. I get 29.4 miles to the gallon (calculated). The backseat feet area can use some more room but it's roomier than the IS for sure. All my friends who have been in my car love it as well. It's definitely an excellent value for what you get.

Fuel efficiency, price, gadgets, comfort, console display, overall appearance.

More pockets to put things, a bit more room in the back feet area.