Used 2008 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

owner for 3 weeks and loving it!!
By T-Force

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had a Jeep Wrangler for 11yrs, & wanted something in this class. I looked at the Audi A4, BMW328, G35, & thought the Acura was the best all- around car. CPO, 14k miles. I've had for 3 weeks & have been very happy. It's been an early winter so far, & the car has generally been great in the snow (this was my main reason for contemplating the AWD models like A4).

The trunk is much larger than I thought it would be. The bluetooth hands-free is wonderful. I got a black one with a spoiler (& black leather), & it looks really sharp.

Last wk I tried entering a parking garage in downtown Chicago, but couldn't drive up the very steep ramp (it stopped about halfway). Perhaps this was due to the icy weather, but the car has had no other problems.

08 TSX Driver's Delight
By TRB

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I found this to be a joy to drive from the moment I test drove it in crisp Alaska October. The handling has been great even on snowy roads. All I hope for now is just a tad bit more thrust, say an additional 75 horses would be nice. I have had a few issues with the hands free but over all love the car, and the deal I got made me felt I stole it.

Exterior design was icing on the cake along with the HID lights. Love the carbon gray color, gives it a sophisticated look, without the cost.

Give it the horsepower to match the design and feel of the car or Type S it, for it's more the sport's model. Sunroof noisy when open above 40 mph. Better choice of performance tire pkg. Maybe an SH-AWD model would be nice. And lastly, beef up and update the stereo package to match the luxury look.

Euro Style Honda Quality
By RKM

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

After owning German cars for 20 years I've switched to a TSX. This was the only Japanese car that had a German "feel" to it, but with none of the reliability issues that have plagued my German car ownership experience. German cars, when not in the shop, are still the benchmark for interior design and driver handling, but the TSX comes so close that it won me over from selecting a Jetta GLI. The driving feel is very Euro, with stiff steering, taught suspension, and would perform very well on the autobahn as it is the Euro Accord. I'm looking forward to a long trouble free ownership.

Euro look, very nice cockpit layout, interior materials high quality, slick 6 speed, smooth revving engine, very well equipped for the price, a driver's car.

Sunroof switch in the wrong place, temp controls too small / fussy, in dash CD cannot play MP3, I-Vtec kicks in at 6000 RPM..would be nice to activate at 4500 - 5000 rpm.

Glad I leased it!
By TL

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Previous vehicles were all VWs so you can imagine my surprise that I now have a reliable vehicle. I love the way the car handles on the road and the pick up is a plus. The interior is very comfortable as I am 5"10" tall and don't at all feel cramped. Got a great deal at the end of the year and liked the '08 model much more than the "09 model that was about to come out.

Memory seats, tilting side mirrors, bluetooth, leather quality

Have the controls on the steering wheel be brighter, be able to see both the artist and song on the stereo (for models w/o nav), better gas mileage, more color choices, push button start and a "smart key" would be great. Nissans have it!

Best value out there at this price
By kjones00

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Previous vehicles were all domestic trucks/SUVs. This little car is big on fun, features, & value. 6-sp transmission is the way to go - crisp and smooth. Could use more torque off the line, but then again I'm averaging 26 mpg with about 60/40 city/hwy driving. Exterior design is clean and has a "smart" look to it. Interior is cozy, with soft to the touch materials, and also feels bigger than it actually is. Had a great experience with dealer; all done over the phone. If you're looking for the perfect balance of design, style, performance, and economy, this simply can't be beat at the price point.

Black/tan color combo, 6-spd tranny, extra bright HID's, decent stereo, gas mileage :)

Can't view the outside temp and odometer at the same time in the infocenter? No compass on the non-navi model? I'm not fond of the '09 redesign; what's up with the 6in fender flares?