Used 2006 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews - 201 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Almost 1 Year
By BJ Mark

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased this car last November and recently completed a 4500 mile road trip, The gas mileage has held pretty steady at 29-32 mpg hwy and around 25-26 city/combined. The driver's seat has been replaced once due to a creak and this has appeared in the new seat (after about 4 months) - Acura will take care of it. The car has been totally reliable, fun to drive and lived up to expectation. And the nav system is one of those "never had before/never not have again" extras and served us well on our recent road trip.

Auto-stick transmission, nav/audio system, heated seats

rain-sensing wipers, memory seats linked with mirrors, choice of satellite radio system

Lovely Car In Every Way!
By Happyacura

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Now that my TSX is 2 months old, I can write this. It's just superb in every way. Beautifully built and finished, not a hint of a squeak, rattle, moan or groan anywhere. The features/tech stuff are all awesome and work perfectly. The perforations in the leather keep my back cool, and the a/c is way cold. The stereo is excellent, the comfort is excellent, the engine and 5 speed auto tranny are flawless together. I can't think of anything not fully pleasing. I am fully confident that I made the right choice. I looked very carefully at the competitioni. The TSX smokes them all on value! Lastly, you can't tell is FWD, and you can't tell its a 4, that's praise!

Everything and how beautifully it all goes together.

Better on gas, I drive gently and am getting low to mid 20's in town and low to mid 30's on the freeway. Still only at 2200 miles, might improve with more break in. More quietness/less road noise, I am stressing myself to find something bad to say!

TSX Kidney Rattler
By I want my Audi back!

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I did a ton of research, read many reviews, still think I'm driving a different car than the rest of you out there. Best looking car in its class, inside and out. Best value for options included in base price. Looks like a luxury car however the body shell is just a tin Honda. Noticed rattles and squeaks after driving it for just one day. Very disappointed in the "extremely" abrupt reaction of the car when it hits the bumps on the road, and the rattles it is creating due to the harsh ride. I'd really like to return this car. All they need to do is add some sound proofing underneath and improve the way it handles normal road bumps, and this car would be a winner.

Appearance inside and out, technology options, roomy interior. Appearance inside and out. Simple model selections. Smooth transmission, quiet engine and plenty of HP. Acceleration is responsive and capable.

The ride, keep it stiff, but save my kidneys and back. Suspension like the A4 would be sweet. Auto up/down on all windows. Door locks-quieter, hidden below door, position away from window buttons. Add AWD option. Better insulation underneath car. Headlight washers. Body scratches and dents easily.

2006 Acura TSX
By ken g.

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a great car to drive. Handles very well. Fit and finish are very good.

My favorite feature is the navigation system. A very good navigation system for a car in this price range.

Add rain sensing windshield wipers. Car could use improved stability. My car tends to wiggle or sway very easily in the rear.

Luxury + Value =TSX
By Austin TSX

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought the car for my wife, but I am finding myself driving it more and more. We bought the Carbon Gray Pearl, and it looked amazing in the sunlight (metalic flakes). We love the easy to use Navi., and the gas milage is awsome (30+ on hwy). The stereo is great and the XM option is very clear even in the TEXAS hill country. I test drove and priced the competition and could not have found a better value. I am adding the Hondata ECU Reflash for a little more power (will void warranty). Drove a friends with it and loved it (230 est. hp, faster that a 330, 250,or 2.0T). Voice everything is a nice feature to have when cruising the highway. Love evey minute behind the wheel.

Navi. XM, iVTECH, voice control, iPod jack, quickness in traffic, solid brakes, min. traction loss, suspension, more power from the engine than previous model. Don't be fooled by the +5hp change in stats., the real horse power is shown on the dyno(hp to the ground. est +13hp).

Put the RDX turbo kit under the hood. That will give people no excuse why they bought the BMW 6 cyl, or the IS.