Used 2005 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 223 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura TSX Sedan

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

TSX Review
By Ginny Allen

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I absolutely LOVE my car! I got it about 1 year & a half ago but I still feel like it's new. It looks great (mine is red!) & it drives wonderfully. I had a Toyota Solara before this (it was my first car- I'm only 21). It was good but this car is GREAT! Buy one!!!

The look & design of the car. It is beautiful!

I love mine with its tinted windows!!

LOVE my Acura!
By Sarah

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

When it comes to cars, I must be spoiled, because my history of cars have all been great (1990 Honda Prelude, 1997 Accord sedan, and 2000 Accord coupe). But since I got my TSX in May of this year, I have been in love! This car is sporty, stylish, sleek, everything you could possibly want in a car, and with just enough a hint of luxury to make this mid-20s chick feel rich! I was in a collision in my TSX recently and felt absolutely safe in my Acura. It's five star collision rating proved to be true, and I am still in love with my TSX!

Heated seats, sleek exterior design, clean interior design.

Power door lock control on drivers side should be easier to locate and control, but you get used to it.

TSX fast car with poor gas mileage
By john

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Very poor gas mileage on the first half tank of gas. Can burn 1/2 tank of gas in 1 day just doing local driving.

Speed, this car is vary fast and fun not made for driving slow.

Gas mileage

2005 Acura TSX
By Driver

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The best drive I ever had in the TSX was the test drive. It makes a very good first impression. This quickly wears off though after you drive it for a month or two. It quickly develops rattles and squeaks and the precise handling quickly loses alignment. It's never starts without cranking too long. The fuel economy is much worse than advertised, even under optimal conditions. Seats are narrow and uncomfortable for an average-sized person. No side-body protective molding. Also, some of the fancy features are poorly implemented. It has power seats but no position memory which is worse (slower and less reliable) than plain old manual seats. There's no "mute" button for the stereo.

6-speed manual transmission.

Seat memory, stereo mute button, MP3 input, side-body molding. Trunk key access.

Very Impressed
By Jeff

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Love the car!!! Excellent handling and very quick. Also, I like that it doesn't have DRL's or automatic door locks and headlights, I like to be in control of the car, not the other way around. For the price, it can't be beat.

Sportshift on 5AT, steering wheel mounted controls