Used 2005 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews - 224 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

'05 TSX
By Tgr

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Acura’s reputation for quality and reliability as well as inclusive standard features are what persuaded me to purchase the car. I have 21k miles on my TSX and my only complaint has to do with the occasional squeak or rattle I hear on the open road. For instance, the moon roof visor occasionally rattles in the open position and the glove compartment squeaks more often than not. However, overall I've been impressed and I will sure keep this car for a while.

Interior design, handling (particularly in winding roads), steering wheel audio controls, homelink feature, and auto-dimming rear view mirror.

Automatic door locks, sunvisor extensions, factory tinted windows, and rear passanager air ducts.

For smooth roads only
By Robert Needham

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the car because I love manual transmissions - its best feature. But the car is uncomfortable for short light weight people, can't raise the seat high enough to see the road well. My wife sits on a pillow. Seats are low, slippery and thin. No protective side moulding on doors, no trip computer, no compass, no automatic door locks. I drove it down 130 miles of washboard dirt road, where it fishtailed badly, paint chipped out, and the car developed rattles in dash and driver door. A good car for big heavy people who drive smooth pavement only. Two factory recalls.

Superb manual transmission/engine, pleasant interior.

Make softer seats that raise much higher, build in some suspension, paint, and body toughness.

Great car
By Jonathan

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bought used with 13000 on it. Have put 15000 on it in a year. Absolutely no problems. The handling is great. The automatic transmission is super smooth. By far, the best car you can get for the money. Great resale value and great driving experience.

Stylish interior and comforatble, supportive seats.

Better cup holders and auxiliary input for iPod.

Can't wait to get rid of it!
By skico

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I realize my car is 2 yo, but I feel obligated to tell people of my exp w/ Acura and my TSX. I drive a lot for my job, so need a good, safe, comfortable, reliable car. I'd heard Acura was that car. Never in my life have I been so disappointed in a car. This car has left me stranded, things were breaking in the car 3-4 months after I got it; no pickup, awful in snow. I don't feel safe in car, and don't trust that it will get me where I need to be safel - in fact, everytime I drive long distances, I get very nervous that the car will strand me somewhere b/c it has in the past. I can't wait to get rid of it, and I doubt I will ever buy an Acura again.

Dual climate control, heated seats, free XM x3 months, lumbar support.

Better pickup, improve the car's performance in snow, better quality of everything inside car so things don't break right away, larger trunk, (can't get 2 medium suitcases in trunk!) better gas mileage, back doors should open wider, improve reliability of car in any driving situation.

Wonderful Car
By Bishopsring

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

It has been two years, two trips to California, Austin and Dallas. The car runs admirably. Lacking in power, it provides gas mileage, comfort, and fun driving. The overhead blue light during the night adds a unique but classy ambiance. The interior and use of all available space provide a wonderful usage for anything and everything, cell phones, chargers, cd cases. With performance being its only down point, I understand the balance, but it needs the extra horsepower or burst of speed off the line. There is one aspect from changing from second gear to third gear where it gets stuck even with the clutch completely down. Great car.

Heated seats. Nothing has been more useful than that during the winter. Air conditioning - also great to have during the blistering Texas Heat.

Needs more integration of new technology, iPod, USB, better cup holders, successful integration of heat warmer and seat cooler. Temps get to 120+ in Texas. More advanced onboard computer.