Used 2005 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 223 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura TSX Sedan

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Still fun after 3+ years
By coolbeap

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bought the car new 3 years ago. I still love driving it! Still has great "curb appeal." My wife is tired of driving our minivan - always asking to drive the TSX to work. Black exterior looks brand new. TSX gives th appearance of a luxuray car but cost less than $26K (in 2005). Never been in for repair.

Interior comfort and styling, built-in XM radio, peppy engine, quiet ride with sport-like handling, great climate control, moon roof. Always reliable; I've never returned to Acura for service, just regular preventive maintenance. Decent handling in the snow for this type of car. Roomy trunk.

Better MPG for a 4 cylinder (getting 18-20 mpg). Key fob won't unlock doors remotely - started 2 wks after warranty expired. Replaced original tires at ~27K - disappointing. Rear speakers rattle at some volumes - not too bad but would bother me more if I were 18 y.o.

Extremely Happy!
By amora14

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased the Acura TSX a week ago, my prior car was the Ford Focus. I was going to get the Fusion but I wanted a car that could stand alone. I decided to go with the 2005 model because it had most everything the o8 had in it for almost half the price. The navigation system is awesome. I love to drive the car at night and night time use to be what I would dread. The car handles well around corners and when I come to a stop it so smooth! I did not realize Acura held the prestige in this car that it does. Excellent vehicle!

The sunroof, leather seats, sound system and everything is electric! I also like the quality associated with this car. This car has personality along with class and style. This car puts you in a entire different class of vehicles.

None

New to Acura
By Aaron

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned a 2005 TSX about a month now and enjoy driving it every time. I have taken it through its paces and it handles nimbly and with ease. I do find the seats to be a bit uncomfortable on long trips and the gear shift a bit cheap feeling, especially when in sport shift mode. Overall, I feel the quality and reliability to be one of its strong points. I chose this car over the Audi A4 due to its standard features, reliability and performance. It looks really cool in black with tinted windows.

Homelink system, steptronic shifting, heated seats and mirrors, monochromatic rearview mirror.

Self locking doors, better on board computer with average fuel economy, miles remaining, tire pressure, etc., more solid feeling gear shift, aux jack for iPod.

TSX forever
By Robert E

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My 2005 TSX handles like a dream. In the 3 years I have owned it, it has never given me a moment's problem. I do the routine maintenance and in return I have a car that I can rely on 100%. By far the best car I have ever owned

Gas mileage, XM radio, smooth ride and easy to locate dip sticks for checking the various fluids.

I would strongly suggest slightly wider and deeper side mirrors. This would give greater visibility when changing lanes, thus causing fewer accidents.

Acura Fan
By Sharon

2005 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

10-yr owner of a 1994 Integra. Toss up between TL & TSX, but could not see a reason to pay the extra $6k for the TL. Wanted the flexibility of the rear fold down seats. Regularly get 23-25 mpg. The trunk now seems small since I’ve put a stroller in it. Battery replaced under warranty at 2.5 yrs – was in for an oil change & battery tested low so they changed it FREE. There was a rattle in the dash at cold temps – told it was a cantilevered dash, so basically a design flaw. Tried to fix 3 times & then a month or so after the last try it went away on its own. Most recent problem has been a side-to-side rock in the driver’s seat - fixed under warranty.

Radio controls on steering wheel, 6-CD changer, solid construction, reliability.

Would like to have child LATCH in middle seat position. Also deck lid spoiler would be a nice option.