Used 2005 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews - 223 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

After 4 yrs & 72k miles, still perfect!
By Ralph

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My wife and I bought this car used in 2007 with 32k miles. This is the best car we have ever purchased. Interior is very comfortable. Exterior is very stylish. We have the 6-speed manual and this car gets 26city/34hwy mpg consistently. I commute 45 miles to and from work everyday. This car is very quiet and handles great on the road, rain or shine. I just replaced the original tires at 65k miles. The H.I.D. headlights make it very easy to see at night (they light up the entire road!). The one issue that I had with the car was having to replace the passenger door lock actuator at 44K miles. Other than that, flawless.

MPG is great! Quiet on the road. Interior is comfortable and functional.

Door lock actuators. Memory seating should be standard (my wife is 5'2", I'm 6'0"!).

05 Acura TSX
By gw

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Gives outstanding gas mileage (30+ highway). Major problem with rear camber. (had kit installed) and door lock actuators. Otherwise fit and finish as well as performance had been what I expected. Wish Acura would put a four in the TL (more room). Would recommend for an average size or below average sized person.

Handling, responsiveness, and fuel mileage, Navigation.

Aforementioned problem cause me consternation as to the possibility of the waning quality control?

71K and going strong!
By Convert

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Love the car, surprising acceleration for a 4 cylinder sedan. I have the manual six speed and normally get 30 - 31 mpg. It is a tight steering, solid built car that handles like a sports car. Overall design is well thought out and useful. Down side? I missed a rear window washer wiper, and view to the rear is in need of improvement, with perhaps different mirror size or design. Only problem I have had so far is the keyless entry system bowed out in partial failure. Lock/unlock doors has ceased to work without using the key.

Acceleration, well thought out interior.

Real need for better visibility to blind spots, bigger mirrors?

Very Good Buy
By scampbell

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car about 3 years ago and it's been a great car so far. No issues at all. Gas mileage has been much better than advertised and I'm getting about 26/34 consistently. I looked at a bunch of cars before selecting this one and I can't imagine getting a better value anywhere else. The price of the car was very reasonable considering all the features you get. I will definitely consider buying another Acura when I decide to upgrade in a couple years.

Navigation is more intuitive than some other brands. Leather seats are high quality. Layout on the dashboard looks great and very functional.

bluetooth would have been nice (I know it's available now). Maybe a little more horsepower, but I like the gas mileage so I guess that's the trade-off.

TSX premiem
By Mir

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

VSA light came on 3 times or more, car would not go into reverse at times, CD player is weak and sensitive had that replaced as well very disappointed in car could use a lot more horsepower, kills on gas could be better, horrible for 4 cylinder feels like, you're driving a v6 with the gas mileage.

The triptronic control and navigation, alloys are nice and big hid lights.

A lot more horsepower would be nice and a lot better gas mileage.