Used 2005 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews - 223 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Am I the only one with problems!
By TW

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I seem to be alone after reading these reviews. I have had many problems with my TSX. It has been back to the dealer more than I can count for multiple problems. The biggest problem of all being the wheels on the car constantly being out of aliment, balance, or bent. Seems the car can not handle normal driving on highways in the east. Other problems encountered: Peeling finish on wheels, rusting sill plates in doors, broken power seat, Light out on heated seated, speedometer whines when driving it all the time, mirror shakes while driving, Recall for wiring. Not sure what to do anymore! What happens when the warranty is over. Seriously thinking about trading it in.

Seating comfort, design/layout of interior.

Make better wheels and components that are not going to break so soon. I only have 27000 miles on the car. Everyone told me how good hondas are. I am really questioning that now.

New Acura Owner
By AS

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought my Acura TSX and I love it! It is the most attractive sports sedan on the road in my opinion and people actually turn to look at it.

The cool interior and the navigation system.

More power (although I know I could have gotten a bigger engine in another car, I wanted this car . . . I would have paid for a bigger engine) and a better arm rest!

Domestics? Who needs domestics?
By Mark

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Initially, I was looking to stay under $25k with my new vehicle purchase. I commute 95 miles roundtrip daily and wanted something reliable and fun to drive. One look at the TSX and my price concerns suddenly didn't matter. Then, I got behind the wheel. The moment I sat in the TSX, I was sold. It just fit! The seats are well bolstered and very comfortable, the instrument panel is laid out well, and the six speed is just sweet! After a test drive, I knew that I wanted one. After some research, I decided to go ahead. I love this car! I'm at 5,500 miles and love it more than the day I brought it home!

The navigation system is truly a convenience that I'm not sure how I ever lived without. The six speed is the smoothest shifting manual that I've ever driven. The HID headlights took a little getting used to but now that I have, I love the amount of light they provide!

The stereo is probably the weakest link in the car. I've heard the sound described as "muddy" and I agree. I've heard that aftermarket speakers help immensly. Automatic headlights would be nice, as would a memory seat.

Nice car, but a four cylinder
By CFS

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was talked into buying this car by my brother - he wanted me to have something "reliable". I have no real complaints about it other than the headlights - they have to be turned on and off and the halogen headlights have other drivers constantly flashing their lights at me - thinking I have my brights on when I don't. Also, you can't open the windows when it's raining because the water comes in. It's quick for a four cylinder but too slow for my taste (I drove Pontiac Bonnevilles for years and am now wishing I had purchased another one.) I'll be trading it in after two years for a faster car. I got better gas mileage on the highway with my Bonnevilles than I do with this vehicle.

Cruise and radio controls on the steering wheel.

Better stereo. Offer cloth seats. Change headlights.

works for me
By Greg

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought this car in may and I look forward to driving it all the time. It handles great and you comfortable while doing it. The navi is awesome and never has any problems. It is not a very common car I see on the road and thats why I got it unlike the audi a4 and the bmw 3 series which is every other car I see. I suggest this car to anyone who is interested.

Navigation.

Have an upgraded engine option.