Used 2005 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews - 227 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

A great car ALL AROUND!
By Mike H

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

As a big car guy, I have not been more impressed with any car I have owned more than this Acura! Bought it with 73K miles from an older woman and 80k miles later she runs fine! The car still looks amazing and I get a lot of compliments from everybody. I bought the car when I was a sophomore in college. Amazing sound system, sunroof, interior looks like the cockpit of a plane. Steering is super sporty and the tranny is solid. The Navi adds a cool look to the car as well. The Xenon headlights are beautiful too! Its such a good looking car that even my BMW loving friends say its a handsome car. I will be driving this car into the ground. Only issue was the passenger door lock, which is a super common Honda repair.

A Good Ride
By John

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My favorite car, so far. I would keep it if I had more garage space. Reliable, fun to drive and comfortable. It also boasts an understated design that wears well even after nearly thirteen years. I love this car.

Will go down in history as one of the best Acuras
By Leon

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This vehicle is so well built. Its beautiful, simple, effective, practical, and reliable. Know that the 1st Gen Acura TSX is rated as one of the most, if not THE most reliable entry level sedan in its decade and class. It has a bit of power to accelerate with confidence. It handles and stops well. This is a drivers car and gives you feed back. Its construction is simple yet reliable making it a great car to purchase used. Repair costs are relatively inexpensive. It doesn't have a lot of newer electronic features to fail or cause issues. It has enough features to give you a comfortable ride. The stereo is pretty decent but not as good as the newer ones. Mine is going on 14 years old and the only worry that I have is that I won't be able to buy a new car for another decade because theres nothing wrong with the TSX. Oil analysis performed by Blackstone laboratories showed my engine and transmission to be in excellent shape (seals good, low/no containments, low metal in oil numbers, oil not breaking down early). I do most all maintenance myself on vehicles giving me the chance to see quality build construction vs poor quality.

Great car
By Tim J

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This TSX has been a solid performer and still is. Only one mechanical problem so far, a failed coil.

2005 Acura TSX
By Sherry

2005 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I simply love this car!! I've had it 11 years. Love driving it, love the pick up on the highway, the smoothness and ease of acceleration. Driven it on trips many times and it's a very comfortable ride. The first time I test drove it, I knew it was for me!