Used 2004 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews - 664 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Love My TSX
By TSX FAN 2008

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My 2004 TSX is by far the best automobile I have ever owned. Quality and reliability are a Perfect 10!! After 80000 miles I've only had to replace one rear light bulb.

Great Car All Things Considered
By TXPDelta

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car even in spite of some quality control issues on the 1st year model. 4 clutch cylinders later and now almost no peddle popping. Other minor issues with door water leak, brake discs, door panel vibrations, and dash squeaks. The car strikes a wonderful balance of daily driver characteristics with solid handling and a near perfect 4 cyl engine. I drove plenty of cars before I bought the TSX and this is the best sedan I found. Not quite a BMW 3-series, but it is the closest you'll get for under $30K. Fuel economy is around 23-25 MPG mixed driving with synthetic fluids, Injen air intake, and 93 oct fuel.

The handling is great (above avg with OEM tires) due to suspension design (dbl wishbone) and body stiffness. The smooth K24 engine and the 6-speed make for entertaining driving.

Either give me a turbo or tune it to run on reg fuel. Expected better QC from Honda even though it is 1st production year.

Bought it brand new 4 years ago
By Mike

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my car in May of 2004. It was not disappointed me at all. I absolutely love it. It handles great, is very comfortable, and beyond anything gets great gas mileage. For a 4 cylinder to give me 200 horse power is also good. I'm over 83000 miles right now and still riding great. Bottom line is if you are thinking of buying a used version of one of these then go for it. Trust me it's worth it.

The navigation system is great. There's also a digital trip on the navigation screen that shows your current MPG.

The front end sits a little low in relation to the back ed of the car. But that's minor. The car is a great car!!

Red Lemon
By Ken Clancy

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a red TSX and the paint has now deteriorated so that there are pinkish/white blotches all over the car. Acura dealer has been less than helpful and corporate customer service are running for cover. I had a new clutch put in at 60K old one stopped working. RPM have improved 20% at highway speeds, nobody can explain why this is the case. I think it is because the clutch has been slipping since i got the car, new.

Color, look.

Paint, clutch, power seats, stereo, trunk space, dive gear in 6th so rpm @ 2200 for 70 miles per hour, this would be big.

Great all-around car
By Martoon

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is my 2nd Acura, and I plan on buying one again (after many more years of enjoying this one). I bought this car based on features for the price, pretty much loaded. I have 47,000 miles on it and have had no mechanical issues with the car other than one minor recall. Good power, great handling and I average about 27 miles per gallon in mixed driving. My only complaint is the drive by wire can be a little touchy when starting from a dead stop, but you get used to it after a while.

Stability control, ABS, moon roof, nice stereo.

The 2004 doesn't have an MP3 jack, or memory seats but I think these are available in the newer models.