Used 2004 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews - 664 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

like new (:
By afflictionx3

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

im 17 & ive been looking for a used 2004 - 2006 acura tsx for months. finally, i came across one and when i test drove it i knew right away i found the one. it had 73k miles & in great conditon (a doctor owned it before me) got it for $12,999 . mine is silver with grey interior. cant wait to show it off, since this is my senior year & i can seem myself keeping it for a long time. if you are looking for a reliable car thats super fun and easy to drive, an acura is for you definitely. i went for the tsx instead of a TL (my mom has one) basically for the size. its smaller and funner to drive.

interior , & reliablity

TSX for my Teenager.
By Her TSX

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased a white TSX approximately one year ago for our 16 year old daughter. She absolutely loves this car. Her friends think she is so cool. This car is very stylish. It currently has 79,800 miles and we have not experienced any problems. We will keep this car in the family for years to come.

Headed seats, leather, cd changer and HID lights.

OMG I love this Car!!!!!
By Margie

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I located this wonderful vehicle that is 6 years old and only had 39,000 miles. I must say this is one of the best I've ever driven. The only thing I would chang is I can't hook up my I pod when I'm in the car. It is soooooo much fun , quick and very intuitive.

It's very comfy, the shifting is superb.

Need a way to hotwire my Ipod into the car. Also the paint is not the best.

Great high mileage ride
By meinbeast

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased my red/taupe tsx in March of '05. I have 132,000 miles on it now with minor complaints. Might as well start with the ugly since that's why we all read these reviews. As others have stated my once brilliant red paint is now cloudy and hazy on skyward facing surfaces. Can't tell from afar but up close people make comments. Most of my mileage is highway and my front bumper is more gray than red with rock chips. The paint durability is a joke. I've had to replace two headlights to the tune of $900 each time, and my navigation has stopped working altogether. Don't get me wrong i still love this car, its handling, gas mileage, and options at this price are unmatched.

Looks, interior with looks that will last, comfort, xenons, nav, HANDLING. I have replaced the front and rear sway bars for added stiffness in cornering, which has made a profound difference. Upgrade the tires as well for increased tossability.

PAINT QUALITY! Chips and blemishes, this is a 30k car, inexcusable. I suspect the dealer repairs may have caused headlight failure and navigation failure. Who knows though, as if a dealer would own up to their own mistakes.

Not typical reliability
By sledin_biker

2004 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Although this is my 4th Honda product, this one does not match the reliability of the others. Overall this is a great car to drive but the list of serious problems with this car is very un-Honda like. I have replaced my entire A/C system ($2,200), radio unit (warranty), stains from the inside out on the seats, tail light recall, but most concerning is the oil consumption. My car consumes (not leaks) 1 L (~1qt) of oil every 1000 km (600 miles), and I have found similar stories on forums. I don't drive it hard, in fact I baby the car and rarely engage VTEC, it would be easier to understand if I abused the vehicle. This is my first vehicle to actually consume oil.

6 speed manual, and handling

Perhaps this is one "first year production run" that I should have avoided.