Used 2004 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 664 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Acura TSX Sedan

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

2004 Acura TSX Bad Paint - Stay away!
By bizop007

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Would like to recommend it, as long is it is not Milano Red.
Her car's paint, along with everybody else who purchased the vehicle - from what I can gather from various Acura forums on the internet fades and turns pink. Not one or two but pretty much all Milano Red 2004 TSX vehicles. The car was pretty much garage kept, both at home and in a parking garage at work. It was waxed each spring and fall, but still it is turning more pink each day! Yes I know it is red and red fades not this much. Both Acura Canada and the dealer - Acura on Brant in Burlington, ON would do nothing. Terrible customer service - stay away - would not recommend the purchase n Acura vehicle!

Better customer service and acceptance of responsibility for all defective Milano Red paint on the 2004 TSX models.

Love my TSX
By rcush10

I love this car.
I bought it used with 110k miles on it mid 2010 for $10k. It came uniquely equipped with a trunk lid spoiler and a front body air dam giving it a little extra style. It is quick and the 6-speed manual is slick. I have put 50k miles on it and I get 27-28 mpg consistently.

Despite my admiration for the car, I have had to put a little $ into it. The starter died a couple weeks after I bought it. It consumes oil fairly quickly. 1 headlight was very foggy. The backlight behind my dash buttons doesn't work. Drivers side seat heater doesn't work.
At 50+ mph, something rattles somewhere under the middle of the car. I think it is a part of the exhaust system.

Excellent sound system. 6 speed transmission. Beautiful styling inside and out. Ahead of its time for 2004. Sporty and fun to drive. Respectable MPG/performance ratio. Long list of nice features and styling touches.

I think this box is only relevant to new cars...

Great car; but oil burning issue is SERIOUS
By gipmeister

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have enjoyed this car very much and it is generally very reliable. However, there are issues with this year/model that are common to many owners:
- the door lock actuators die
- the a/c system can die prematurely
- the clutch in the 6MT dies early
- the car will begin to burn oil
My car with >130k now burns about a quart every 1-1.5k miles. If not regularly monitored (before the oil light comes on when you're down 2qts)
Other people have had the console lights die and the dealer fix is hundreds of dollars.
I STILL give the car a decent review, but I would not advise someone to buy an '04 used because of this.

Extra lighter/12V jack in console. Fold down armrest/drink holder btwn back seats (my kids love it)

Great Car
By nas2688

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bought my car in May 2011 with only 50k, one year later it's at 70k, and I still like it as much as the day I bought it!

It's very comfortable on long road trips, has a good amount of power for a 4-cylinder (the manual is a blast!) and I've even got 33 mpg on the highway with it.

Good build quality- the only exception being a some very small buzzing/rattling, but even then it's only on I-5 which is terrible and bumpy anyways.
The car is over 8 years old, and the only "repair" I've had to make is to get new tires.
It does consume oil, not leaking or burning, but as long as I top up every once in a while its not a problem.

Overall, a great-looking, comfortable, and FUN car to drive!

Good mileage, peppy engine when VTEC kicks in, very nice-quality interior, and I'm a big fan of the 6-speed.

I'm not a huge fan of actually unlocking the back seats with a key before folding them down. But I suppose that if that is the most annoying thing, over all it must be a good car! Also, like I mentioned above, it goes through oil quicker than I would have expected.

17 and loving my car!
By tkachuk94

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my car since i was 16 and i have always loved it. My navi went out a while back sadly but i do plan on replacing soon. It has about 218k Miles on it because it used to be a commuter car for my parents to SD and Home so around 120 miles a day for 6 years. But, It still runs amazingly and by far is one of the best looking cars in my schools parking lot (I say one of the best because there's quite a few BMWs for some reason..)