Used 2004 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 664 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Acura TSX Sedan

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Still Love it....
By Scott

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just in case you are shopping for an early model year TSX, I wanted to confirm that these cars, even after 10+ years, are still fantastic. There's a reason you still see so many on the road, they are bulletproof reliable and drive great, even after all these years. Mine is an April 2004 build, and I'll admit it's been babied with just now 79K on it, but I still feel good getting in it and heading off to work. If you find one with a good maintenance history, you ought to have several more years of use with it. I've done nothing but the normal stuff, like fluid flushes, brakes, battery, etc... It really is amazing how well built of a car this was from Honda. All in all, for the price they are now used, I can't think of a better choice.

Absolutely AMAZING car!
By deepen03

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Had this car in family since 2004. Purchased it used in September 2004, for around 24k, with 20k miles on it. I started driving it myself in 2006 when I first got my license and have put over 50K miles on it myself. Just a well-built awesome Acura. It's sad how the TSX has become such lower quality in the 2nd generation models. I just love this car in ever way and have no complaints at all. I have 104k miles right now and plan to keep it going to 200K if I can!

Fun to Drive, Luxurious materials compared to other sports sedans of this time Built in Japan, and this makes a big difference because for the build quality of the TSX.

9 year owner of TSX
By lamike1

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I wrote my first review on my TSX back in 2008. Since then I've out another 60k miles on it. I bought it brand new in 2004. Don't hesitate to buy one of these, they are reliable. I never did anything but my normal maintenance (oil changes, fluid changes, timing chain at 100k miles, brake jobs, etc...) the car never gave me one problem ever. I finally parted with my TSX yesterday and sold her. It was just time for a new car. She was at 130k miles when I told her good bye! Lol great car, Acura did awesome with this thing.

Navigation, very comfortable ride for long trips, great gas mileage (EPA says 29 highway but I always avg 31-33 highway - EPA was off when they estimated this cars gas mileage) powerful 4 cylinder engine, maintenance cost are not ridiculous like BMW and Mercedes.

None, Acura has already added satellite radio to this model, they've improved the navigations system, and have made every possible improvement possible since 2004.

Best car ever.
By jesse357

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is without a doubt the best car I have ever had.
Always puts a smile on my face.
Flawless quality.
Not one single problem in 100,000 miles. Over 30 mpg on highway and maybe 25 in city.
I'm 45 and have always driven cars with Manual Transmission and they simply do not come any better.
The snickt snickt feeling of that tranmission and turbine smooth vtec cannot be matched by anything I have had since. Acceleration and handling just top notch as close to BMW territory as you can get with front wheel drive but with much better reliability and handling in weather.
Sold when I went overseas and will buy another when I get back to states.
Just absolutely perfect.

Touch screen Navigation, buttery smooth transmission. Terrific performance with great gas mileage. Interior is beautiful and understated. Electronics ease of use.

XM Satelite radio but they added that in 2005.

I miss this car a lot!!
By booth1986

2004 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Fast, sporty, decent gas mileage for its intended performance, great build quality and interior! I loved this car... The only reaon we got rid of it was to get a bigger car, this car is not suited for car seats or passengers on a regular basis. I am 5'11" and with a baby car seat in the back, my seat had to be up almost all the way. After 120K miles, the only issue we had was the AC system dies, and the alignment was always off (Later found out it was in a wreck that nearly totaled it which caused this)

Navigation, manual, sunroof, heated leather seats, HID healights, VSA (Vehicle Stability Control) saved my bacon on more than one occasion in the snow.

road/wind noise, leg room in the back, and auxiliary jack would have been nice, but for 2004, this was uncommon.