2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon: Driving in Foggy Weather
October 17, 2011
It's difficult to photograph fog. And fog can be challenging to drive in if the weather is thicker than in this photo.
Here are some (paraphrased) tips for driving in foggy conditions from the California Department of Motor Vehicles:
2. If you must, use your regular headlights, not highbeams. They create glare.
3. Never drive with just your parking or fog lights.
4. Drive slowly and leave enough following distance so that you can stop your car in the amount of space you can see ahead.
5. Avoid passing and switching lanes.
6. Lower your window slightly so you can listen for traffic that you may not see.
7. If you must pull off to the side of the road, turn off your lights and do not rest your foot on the brake. Other drivers may follow your lights, thinking you are moving and then BAM.
Have any tips to add?
Donna DeRosa, Managing Editor @ 13,942 miles