Used 2010 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 112 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

14 Months, 25K - Little Better
By jimmyt_2

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd post here on this car. The big change since the last post is that the dealer was able to find the source of the "squeal". They replaced a piece of the drive shaft and all is well now. At 25K no other issues have developed. The car is holding up well and I am finally really enjoying it.

Interior comfort, Tech Pkg, I actually like the edgier look of this model better than the bland looking 2012 redesign.

It still stuns me that in 2010 Acura put a 5 speed auto trans in this car when the competitors were using 6 and 7-speed autos. Gas milage still is poor 23mpg per tank at 70% hwy if I'm lucky. Answering a call vai BT is still 50-50. That's it, everything else rocks.

1-year, 22K mile update - Not sure if I would buy again.
By jimmyt_2

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I took delivery on 3/1/2010 and have put 22K on the car since. Overall I love the car and think it is an amazing value.
BUT...the car has a noise that is related to tire speed. It ranges from the sound of a thousand crickets to something that sounds like a squealing belt. Of course every time I take it to the dealer, they can’t hear it, or by the time they have someone that can ride with me, the noise subsides. I’m concerned that they will not get it fixed before the warranty is up.
The dealer mentioned that they are replacing a lot of the AWD shafts due to noise but he didn't think that was my problem.

I love the tech package (navi, backup camera, USB, TLS sound, etc.) interior comfort (seats stearing wheel, etc.), and SH-AWD.

Must have a 6-speed transmission. I drove from Cincy to Miami via Tampa and back averaging 80mph and the best I could average was 23mpg. At 80-85mph it turns well over 2200 RPM. Way too many for a car with +300hp. The 5 speed transmission also has a spot near 40-ish where it won’t downshift and it makes that “I’m struggling” sound until I give it a little more gas and force it to downshift. The Bluetooth is does not work well when answering a call. Dialing out works like a charm but successfully answering an incoming call is 50-50. I always have to be ready to grab the phone at the last second because the BT will not answer even though I'm pounding on the pickup button.

Excellent
By waltercmarsh

2010 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Acura TL about 1 year ago.
I did the auto research on Edmunds and test drove similar cars from other manufacturers (BMW, Infinity, Audi, Mercedes, etc.).
Not only did I find the Acura TL to be the most fun to drive (the Infinity was a close second) but the price made it by far the best deal.

I have not been disappointed.
The car drives great - it is a pleasure.
I recommend it highly.

It is quick and quite fast; handles like a dream around town and on the road; has a marvelous sound system; has very nice amenities (I love the tinted mirrors, the bluetooth, heated seats, etc,); is very comfortable; and I suppose above all it just seems to fit.

6 speed. This car needs another gear for highway speeds.

Roof Rattle
By John

2010 Acura TL Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Rattle in the area of forward roof or moon roof area. Had the car to the dealer 3 xs for the same problem. They had the car for 4 days working on the problem. They corrected it by spraying some type of form between outer and iner roof. The rattle is back again (2 months later) worse this time and more so when the sun shade is back and weather is cooler. Going back to the dealer again next week. The rattle and noise is so annoying that you don't enjoy the car. For the price of this car not real happy.

Comfort of seats. Nav system very useful and easy.

Fix the roof rattle and road noise. Other wise a good car.

I'M IN LOVE!
By I'M IN LOVE!

2010 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Never ever been in love with a car before this one. It's just beautiful inside and out. Love it's controversial looks, high tech interior and smooth, fast ride. I just love it.

All the little perks in the base model, the ipod integration, heated seats, sound system, acceleration, steering, you name it.

none that i can think of.