Used 2010 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 112 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

GREAT RIDE LOVE IT! SH-AWD
By deezeer55

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I switched to this TL from a Lexus LS. It is obviously a hugeeee difference but I am a fan of the 'sportiness.' The TL turns heads everwhere I drive and the exhaust note is beautiful. The design is great and it is really a fun car to drive. I am a fan of Acura now. I will probably never turn towards german. I like my japanese cars and will always stay with acura and lexus. Havent drove the car in the snow yet (excited to try it out). Great car overall. Fun ride. Reliable. Worth the price. Turns head. Overall 9/10 overall happiness.

Love the tech package. Coming from a 1997 Lexus I definitely was surprised with all the features the amazing tech package has to offer me.

Sleeker design... Tighter seat stitching

A Great Acura, and I have driven most
By critter441

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package and HPT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love Honda and Acura. I have owned everything from the CR-X, CR-V, Civic, Accord, TSX, RDX, and MDX. Out of this long list of cars, the TL is right up there with the MDX as the Acura best of the best. In terms of performance, price and reliability nothing beats it.

Strongly considered moving into a BMW 335 xDrive or C300 series MB and moving away from Acura after some boring experiences. However, the standard options, performance and cost of ownership cannot be beat by the Honda/Acura line up.

If you want sport performance the MT is a must! Honda has the best clutch and throw feel shifter and can hands down blow you back into your driver's seat. The 19" wheels hug the road, smooth, fast!

The 6spd MT is a Honda/Acura specialty and gives this car a soul. Excellent interior speaks of quality and the sound system is tops. Love the ergonomics of the shift knob, fits in hand very naturally. Hill assist is bonus. USB and iPod interface very modern. High Performance tires a very nice addition for those wanting the most of the MT and SH-AWD. Rear head rest fold down! Love it.

Dash is very crowded with too many buttons to really "see" what you need right away. No blind spot warning lacks behind other cars in class. Lack of color to dash and gauge lighting is Accord-like in feeling and a bit cheap, accents of blue or red as with TSX would add a bit to sport models. Leather a bit hard and not pleasant to touch as with other brands in class. Upgrade this for better interior quality and appeal. Plastic a bit harsh and cheap feeling in some areas, sun glasses holder, front storage bins. Lack of folding rear seats, heated seats in back.

Rattles, rattles, and Rattles!
By aa21

2010 Acura TL Technology Package and 18 Inch Wheels 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2010 Acura TL w/Tech brand new and only 100 miles into it, the pillar by the driver side begins to rattle/crack! The car was given back to the dealer 7 times and it was never fixed. Acura sent out one of their "experts" who was nothing but a disrespectful, arrogant liar to help fix the issue. He ignored the issue and even told Autowest Acura located Santa Clara, CA to not look into it. Horrible experience! Customer service definitely does not exist in Acura from corporate to dealership apparently..

I wish I would have purchased the BMW 3 series or the Infinite G. The main problem is the quality of this car and Acura's client service.
Horrible, stay away!

- navi - interior design - sport mode

- build cars with quality ACURA! - steering

Best looking Plus Sedan Out There!
By ytb

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I'm in my third year of a lease of an Acura TL.
I love to drive it for a number o reasons but I love it's performance and the way it drives. I get many compliments on the style and design. I have a black exterior with a light grey interior sedan and it's the sharpest car out there.
Smithtown Acura sales and service department is top notch. Colleen is a caring and knowledgable sales representative. Her goal is to make you happy with your selection and she continues to provide help when needed and she gives my family good advice on future cars. The omly service I had to do on my car was a broken front speaker. I got an appointment quickly and the speaker was replaced.
They are the best

Comfortable seats and percision driving machine. Love the dash board.

Noise from transmision
By 2010acuratl

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My 2010 Acura TL has experienced severe noises since new which is felt at when I shift gear from park to drive and releas break lound noise come from transmision. I have been bring back to deler 4 times for mechanic(s) to check it out
but they can't figure it out. The car has I couldn't be any more disappointed than I am with the vehicle and Acura's response.I would not recommend this car to anyone.