Used 2009 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 133 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Just an AWESOME vehicle
By Tyger06

2009 Acura TL Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our TL with Technology Package 1 week ago. We continue to be amazed at the performance and the amount of features per dollar. We have received many compliments on the vehicles looks both inside and out. It is roomy enough for the two of us and our 2yr old. She has more leg room in the back then she did in our old vehicle-a Saab 9-7x SUV.

Technology package-navigation, ipod integrations, hard drive, the ability to use a flash drive for music and pictures, voice activated everything, keyless start and entry. Fuel Economy. We are averaging 28 on the hwy with 93 octane. Roominess of the interior. Build quality

None at this time!

A Great Performance Sedan for the Money
By New To Acura

2009 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD w/Technology Package and Summer Tires 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 2005 Mercedes E500 4Matic and was looking for a car that had the same size engine and same size interior. Have had the TL SH AWD HPT for over a month and this car does not disappoint. The handling is unbelievable and the power/acceleration is very good. Drove the G37x and the CTS 4 and the TL was just a better car for the money. The ride can be a little stiff and you can feel the bumps on a rough road which is why I gave a rating of 8 for comfort. Overall, though, the ride is good and the cabin is very quiet. Also, the tech package is a must. Easy to use and I use the real time weather a lot more than I thought I would. And I like the front/back design. It is edgy/different.

Technology package; handling; paddle shifters; sound quality of the stereo system (I find myself not wanting to get out of the car); gas mileage is surprisingly better than I thought it would be; interior quality (just feels/looks luxurious); seats--they just hug your body; engine power/acceleration.

Like a lot of other reviewers, I wish the TL had rain sensing wipers; power telescopic steering wheel; more ambient lighting in the interior; a little bit less of a stiff ride.

This car turns heads!! (in a good way)
By chuckz53

2009 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love the styling inside and out. There has been some criticism in the press about looks, but to me it looks strikingly different and fresh. Same with the inside. There's a knock on the the multitude of buttons, bit I rarely go to the console because everything is voice activated, and besides, that's so much more fun. The novelty of saying "set driver temperature 70 degrees" still isn't wearing off. Being a Honda, I'm sure reliability will be bullet proof. Acceleration is OK, but I do give it low scores for handling - my only disappointment. Once you set up for a turn it's stable and secure, but transitions and aggressive moves are not this car's forte. Still, a great car.

Tech package gives you features that cost $15K extra in the German cars. You pop in a CD and guess what? It's automatically copied to the hard drive. You can just sit in the car listening to beautiful music being bathed in soft leather and it doesn't matter if the missus is 45 minutes late.

Handling. If torque were biased to the rear the car would feel more responsive. Steering could be tighter and the shocks more athletic. Then the car would be damn near perfect.

Good car, but ask yourself...
By maverick

2009 Acura TL Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Coming from a 08 TL. Test drove many times both AWD & FWD w/ tech. Got a mixed feeling like other 08 TL owners did. Technology beats other competitors like G37 or 08 TL. But not sure why such an advanced car has to skip auto-dimmed side mirrors, ventilated seats, rain-sensing wiper, etc. On a 08' TL I don't have to pay for the tech package to get ELS sound system and the perforated leather. Still a very good car for the price level, but option-wise, you want to ask yourself what's really important to you vs. what it has to offer.

Nav, ELS sound system, handling on SH- AWD when pushing it, aggressive look and feel, interior room (better than 5- series).

SH-AWD too sensitive and stiff. Better OEM rim and tires (avoid Turanza EL400). I would say replace the stock tires with better ones on SH-AWD if you care about needless stiffness. Larger trunk size. Add those essential tech options back. Less plastic.

A Terrific and Reliable Car
By Xpert37

2009 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The 2009 Acura TL AWD is a fantastic car. It was well-built inside and out. I previously leased a Lexus ES 350 and the driving was night and day compared to this TL. I am one of those who love the look of the TL and appreciate the boldness of the Acura design team. In my opinion, the TL is a wonderful bang for the buck. Where else can you find a comparable car with all the driving and technological capabilities for less than $40,000?

AWD; navigation; ELS 10-speaker stereo; ipod connectivity; and voice recognition.

More rear room; rain-sensing wipers; power tilt/telescope steering wheels; active cruise control; and rear sun shade.