Used 2009 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 133 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Great car for the real world
By ah7771

2009 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Hands down the best interior in its class. I love the exterior too. This is one car that won't get lost in the parking lot. I have the pearl white and get compliments all the time. This car handles beautifully, especially around corners. When it comes to how people drive 99.9% of the time, this car wins hands down. If you are instead intent on taking your car through a slalom course, maybe pay the extra $10k for similarly equipped BMW or sacrifice interior luxury and resale value and go for a g37. My 2nd TL and I've been very impressed with how solid these cars are. Never had problems with either.

Supple leather interior. Comfort. The dual cockpit design of the interior oozes luxury. Traffic updates on navi screen. Reverse camera shows footprint of where car will end up. Ipod SYNC. Syncs with my outlook contacts. Too many tech features to list - I'm still learning them.

I live in AZ so cooled seats as an option is something I'd be willing to pay extra for except it's not available.

An Exhilarating Luxury Sedan
By JP2000

2009 Acura TL Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car for three months now. I applaud Acura for finally taking the lead with a fresh bold design for the TL. The car’s styling is simply brilliant--- inside and out. The superbly integrated Tech. package brings the car’s substance on par with its stunning looks. For the last 15 years, I’ve only driven German cars. Before buying the TL, I also considered Audi A4, BMW 535x, VW CC VR6, Infiniti G37x, and the Lexus ES350. All things considered, my final analysis led me straight to the TL.

Plenty of low-end torque; precise steering; perfectly tuned suspension that offers a taut sporty ride without feeling harsh on rough roads; superbly integrated Tech. package features (hi- res. voice-activated nav. system, 440 watt HDD-based audio sys., HandsFreeLink, and the keyless entry system).

Increase ground clearance by at least an inch to make the car less susceptible to damage in ice & snow regions; change to a 6-speed auto. trans. to improve gas mileage; offer 10-year rust-through warranty (VW and BMW both offer this); a completely flat trunk bed; and larger front door map pockets.

A lot of car for the money
By omnimax

2009 Acura TL Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The TL packs a lot of car for the price. You can easily pay 1000s more for a comparably equipped German car. Enjoy all the tech features they packed. For a 1st year car, it feels pretty darn solid with no rattles so far. The ride is sporty but yet still maintains a luxury feel as well. The interior space is more than adequate to seat 5 in comfort. I like the high-tech look of the dash. The exterior style had me at first glance so it just works for me. I could think of improvements but I think I'm being picky at that point. The TL presents a value proposition that can't be beat.

Tech package especially the usb input. Build quality. Sound system. Exterior styling.

17"s not big enough. Full color MID and radio/xm display. Rain-sensing wipers. Cooled seats. 6-spd tranny. Active CC. Rear sunshade, adaptive headlights, power-telescoping steering wheel. Leather-wrap dash.

Nice Car
By Adam B

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Although the exterior of this styling seems a bit awkward, the first time one of them drive past me on the freeway, I was hooked. It's angular styling is actually quite brilliant. I purchased one for my wife in the pearl white color and we get nothing but compliments. The ride is pleasant and the engine has plenty of power for entertaining launches onto freeways and long jaunts to LA. In fact, the day after I bought it, I put over 400 miles on it driving to southern California and it was excellent. I also have a loaded Honda Accord, and I'll admit that I used to think Acura TL's were just a dressed-up Accord. But I am a believer now that the Acura is a much nicer car, even in standard trim.

Love the iPod compatibility; seat leather is supple and feels great; love the cockpit design of the interior; standard HID headlights.

Offer vented seats as an option.

TL=FUN
By John

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just got the car. Tried to buy a Genesis first, but could not get right with the dealer. Glad he wouldn't bargain. TL is like a sports car, lots of fun to drive. Great handling and performance. Only drawback is interior space.

Handling and response are excellent along with fit and finish. Gas mileage appears to be running around 25 mpg.

Only one thing. Better sun visors.