Used 2009 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 134 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Sexy mom car
By jppalooza

2009 Acura TL Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a 30 something mom who drives this car. I really do like it The pros about this car for me are: -very attractive outside styling -not having to use the key to unlock, start, or anything. LOVE IT! Especially when I am carrying a baby around -interior fit of the seat and space inside the car -the tech package with the hands free phone and how I can talk commands rather than finding the button Cons: -trunk size is small/oddly shaped -no rain sensing wipes -I don't think the sound system is excellent -no sun shade in the rear window -sat radio is only complimentary for 90 days -wish the radio would still play after I turn the car off for 5 minutes (my old Olds did...why can't this?)

See above

See above

Keeps Getting Better
By Chuck

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Took my Acura TL SH-AWD into it's first snow & ice. Car handles well, low center of gravity, solid feel - AWD on demand function works great. A 4WD SUV next to me slid off the road into the guardrail but my TL did fine. Great car, nice quality, good dollar value. 5 Star safety rating doesn't hurt, either.

On demand AWD function for bad weather conditions and day to day handling. Shift paddles are nice when I want to feel a bit younger.

Doors need to "lock" open when trying to stay open on an incline. Had an non characteristic squeak in drivers seat, dealer fixed it, NP.

Best Car Pick for Class
By BillT

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2009 AWD TL in White Diamond. It has been a very satisfactory purchase. The exterior design was difficult at first to accept, but it really grows on you. The interior is excellent. I love to drive the car, and after four months, the quality has been outstanding. Acura knows how to build a car well, and the service after the sale support has been superb. The technology is exceptional and especially good, since Acura doesn't nickle-and-dime you with add-ons. I'm a committed Acura customer with this car and the last, and I can't wait to see what comes next.

Real-time Weather and traffic. Also, the sound system with the hard-drive.

Gas mileage needs to be improved.

3rd Acura
By Ed

2009 Acura TL Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I previously drove a Nissan Maxima for 6 years, until I switched to Acura in 2003. Since then I have never looked back. The comfort and performance in the 2009 TL is incredible. I spend a lot of time in my car meeting with my customers so handling and comfort are very important. Having upgraded from the 2006 TL the difference is incredible. Acura has created the perfect balance between comfort and performance and thrown in all the bells and whistles.

Everything.

Power adjustment for the steering wheel, seats that travel back for easy entry.

09 TL AWD
By RonB

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car after a 3 year lease on a 2007 Accord V6. The Accord was flawless and sold me on Honda vehicles. The exterior styling of the car is just a little too gaudy for my taste and could be toned down some but it was not enough to prevent me from buying the car. I drove the car on a 500 mile business trip the first week I owned it and that convinced me that I made an excellent choice. The NAV Weather is a great plus, the sound system is excellent, the ride is quiet and comfortable and the mileage is more than acceptable for a car of this size.

iPod link, weather radar, back seat leg room, seat comfort, steering, sound system xenon headlights, AWD, better than expected gas mileage

Arm rests are too low, no easy way to manually enter phone numbers (has automatic phone number import with 1,000 phone number max and I have 3,500 phone numbers), larger door mirrors, a little less trim on front end and trunk, cooled seats and rain sensing wipers. Road bumps are too noticeable.