Used 2009 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 134 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

2009 acura tl
By bernard edwards

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am on my second year with my tl, and I as very impressed with the quality, and the smooth 3.5 engine and I am not that impressed with the manual auto shifter, as sometimes the transmission shifts two times, and this car should have a six speed manual available instead of making you buy the over 40,000 dollar all wheel drive with the technology package, and the six speed should be available in the tsx also as it has the same engine that the tl has as a option, and this five speed just is not a good fit as it holds the engine back, and we love this car, and we drove a mdx for a few days, and now this is a real car, as this car really sounds so good with the 3.7 engine singing with a big smooth burst.

we love the hunkered down look of this car as it is so sleek,and powerful,and we are getting 28 mpg.did not like the front end at first,but i grew to really like it, and i don't really like the type of leather on the dashboard, as it looks like really cheap. love the dual exhaust, and this car is awesome

the ride is way too stiff as every one complains about this so Honda you should soften the ride some,and i never get tired of looking at this car, and get with it, Honda where is a really good type-s as i had a 2001 type-s and i feel this tl will go around the type s on the top end, as it is sleeker

Amazing!
By Steve

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package and Summer Tires 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Great performing car and amazing handling. It handles as well as or better than my Porsche C4S AWD on the corners and curves.

GPS and sound system.

More HP!

I've seen the future
By compewterbleu

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This car is one "Sexy Beast." Test drove both models several times. Previous 2001 CL owner and I have always loved Acura's (Honda's) approach, luxury from a different angle keeping performance, reliability, and quality in the mix. Performance is in the hand of the driver for the most part...I haven't notice a lag in acceleration nor any weird steering problems. Solid. Paying more doesn't equate to better. BMW's and Audi's and such still have folks fooled(along with media such as MT). I love the design for its daring non-cookie cutter non-euro ultra technical look. I'm a design engineer so the art-functionality looks appeal to me and evidently to the ladies, they swoon over it daily.

SH-AWD with 300+ horses. ELS Audio system, Navigation system, safety features. The leather is gorgeous. So is the exterior design.

Rain Sensing Wipers, accident avoidance sensors, blind spot system. Better tires offered. Increase MPG and decrease use if premium fuel...heck make a hybrid!

nice car
By galil71

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. For a FWD vehicle, wheels torque is minimal. One of the reason I choose this car is that most features are standard. The steering is not fast, but in normal driving I don't even realize it. The TL doesn't offer sport package, however; standard tires give sporty feel and keep the car very stable.

exterior/interior design, choosing the car's setting with the key fob, tilting side mirrors, HID lights, heated seats.

300HP would be nice, standard rims design is adequate, where is the standard AWD.

Surprised 3rd Acura TL owner
By Lynn

2009 Acura TL Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It is difficult for me to write this review since I loved my last 2 TL's. I did not like the new body style at first but that did grow on me however some of the other changes I could not get use to and traded the car in after only 7 months. The Nav system is no longer touch, you have to use the dial which I found to be very cumbersome or voice which for some reason did not seem to understand me most of the time. The interior also kind of plain compared to previous years. I miss the blue lights. I also felt this new design did not seem to have the same quick pickup that I fell in love with in my 1st TL. Not sure if its the added weight that caused that or some other change.

Add touch back to the Nav system. Improve interior look.