Used 2009 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 133 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Most Powerful Acura
By Julius L. S. Penn

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The SH-AWD model is not a car...it's an automobile. The seats hug your body. The steering wheel grips your hands. The sound system is an on-demand DJ. And the power is to be compared to a 200 meter sprinter...not super fast... but fast. But, the coolest thing about the car is its smarts. My wife keeps her key in her bag. She attempted to put her bag with the key in the trunk and the car beeped and popped back open the truck. Oh yes, I am most certainly enjoying my 2009 TL SH-AWD. :)

The sound system. It has so many options to play music (Hard Drive, USB for (IPOD/MP3/flash drive), XM, FM, AM). It's a personal DJ. I never have to worry on the trips when I need to hear some good music. :)

If I had to improve I would make the automatic a 6 speed.

Nice car
By diane

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had an Infiniti M35x and wanted a cheaper monthly payment without sacrificing the luxury. Looked at BMW 3 and Volkswagen CC. BMW was too expensive and everything was extra and VW was a little too small. The TL had everything I wanted standard (heated seats, sunroof and bluetooth). Dealer added the decklid spoiler for free. Engine is powerful and seats are comfortable. A little more road noise comes in than I would have liked. Dash layout is nice, looks modern and sporty. Steering is nice and tight. Fuel economy is great (22+) considering I averaged 14 mpg with the M35. I like the ipod connectivity. Good sounding stereo. I like this car a lot.

Exterior looks (getting used to the grill), ipod connectivity, comfortable seats, heated seats, bluetooth, dash layout and fuel economy.

Bigger wheels!! Make shifter knob a push in instead of pull up (weird thing), make push button start with no key standard (you can get a nissan with this, c'mon Acura!), flat trunk floor, make sun visors thicker (my daughter's Ford Taurus had nicer visors!), less road noise.

Great car, buy one if you are looking
By RSchwagerl

2009 Acura TL Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Upgraded from a 2004 Chrysler Sebring 2 door coupe. Tech package is awesome. I have taken the car on a long road trip and was very impressed with the handling and the ride. The fit and finish from the interior and exterior is first rate.

Navigation system, ipod hookup, stereo features, & voice recognition are really easy to use.

Best Car in its class and best value
By Woyoyo

2009 Acura TL Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my TL with Technology package a week ago and I love it. I compared the TL to Infinity G37 and Lexus ES350 and here is what I found. The G37 was great to drive but has unimpressive interior and feels small , the ES350 is very comfortable to ride but un- sporty to drive and large, the TL has amazing interior, advanced technology package, fun to drive and but ugly grill (beak). So I decided that was easier to live with that “beak” after painting it.

The tech package.

The front and trunk grills need to go or get painted.

Exciting car to drive
By Wayne

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up this 2009 TL Sho With tech package 4/2009 and I must say the nav system is much better than in my 05 RL. The vehicle is fun to drive and I'm having a hard time staying out of it. The sound system is top notch and I love the IPod USB feature. Overall after doing much research and test driving BMW, Mercedes and Infinity this is the value for the money out here.

Nav system, sound system and performance.

Power steering wheel, rear sun shades.