Used 2009 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 133 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Acura TLTech with SH-AWD Rocks!
By 2AcuraFamily

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This car is one fun vehicle. Great technology, great handling, fast (well fast enough for me) and fun to drive. This is high praise coming from a BMW owner for the past 20 years. I test drove a new and a used BMW 535i back to back with the Acura, and the Acura won my heart, mind and pocket book.

Tightness of awd handling, looks, technology, and interior (I feel like I am part of the car, not just an occupant).

Electronic adjusting steering column (like my wife's 2008 MDX) and maybe a little more room in the glove box.

Best Car For The Money
By splitice1223

2009 Acura TL Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just leased a TL w/Tech about 4 days ago and all I can say is WOW! I love this car so much, it is powerful, roomy, and has very nice styling. I get head turns everywhere I go. I got the WDP/Taupe and I just love it. The NAV and Bluetooth are so easy to use and the NAV screen is really clear. This is definitely the best car for the money. I have owned Acura's before and they did a really good job on this new TL. I love every minute I'm driving in it.

NAV, Bluetooth, push-button start/stop, styling.

Power tilt/telescopic steering wheel and power rear sunshade would be nice.

Perfect out of the box!!
By neilman

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Awesome style, fun to drive - especially the AWD. Ride is firm but not rough at all. Interior is super quiet while on freeway etc. Awesome build quality, drives perfect...and may be the first vehicle I have purchased which will not require a re-visit to the dealer for any mechanical, balancing, alignment, etc. Every other car I have purchased in the last 20 years had to be taken back...Toyota, Lexus, Nissan, GM. Love it, love it, love it. Awesome in black!!

AWD, perfect steering, super fast acceleration, solid build quality, interior and exterior styling, sporty but not rough ride. Beats all other vehicles tested in my opinion including G37. Sound system is top notch. All the tech toys included!

Add rain sensing wipers.

Not sorry I made the choice
By Zoot

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Upgraded from a Volvo S80 that was 8 years old. The car is a great ride, very responsive. Glued to the road on turns. Love all the technology. And while I know that previous TL owners by and large hate the styling...I'm good with it. From the side I think it's awesome. I've waited 5 months to put this review up...I have no real complaints except the ride is a bit firm for my tastes after the Volvo and I'd expect better than 22mpg these days...

NAV system, MP3 hookup, Hard Drive, rear camera, keyless entry/start, AWD.

Soften the ride a little...feel too many cracks in the pavement. Better fuel economy. Don't require premium fuel. Rain sensing wipers.

Best Value For The Money
By msaltzer

2009 Acura TL Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my new TL w/ Tech for almost 3 weeks and I have to say that I am really enjoying this car. I was leasing a 2006 Infiniti G35x and was contemplating a new one. After driving the new TL I was no longer interested in the G. The TL has a new exterior design that turns heads. The interior of the TL blows the Infiniti away. Everything feels solid and of very high quality. I have also been getting better gas mileage than I got in my old G35x. There is no other car in this price range that gives you the quality and the amenities found in the TL.

440 Watt 10 speaker surround sound stereo, Bluetooth connectivity, 12 gigabyte hard disk drive, push button start, smooth yet sporty ride, rear backup camera.

Rain sensing wipers, power adjustment for the steering wheel and steering column.