Used 2008 Acura TL Base Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura TL Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Fantastic car no mechanical issues.
By Ed

Well taken care of.

Love / Hate Relatonship
By Ed McW

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My TL Base model is the sportiest car I have ever owned. Bought used with 60K. Love the acceleration and handling. Sexy little growl from the engine, just audible enough to hear, but not interfere. Stereo is best I've ever had in a car. (Had to scratch my head over the cassette player in a 2008 though). And I love the exterior styling, especially the rear tail lights. Totally unique to the 04-08 TL. Awesome cruise control. I regularly get 32 MPG highway. Very comfortable. I drive 600+ miles one way on a bi-weekly basis, with no ill effects. Now for the other side of the story: Bluetooth has never worked. Had to unplug it to keep the car battery from draining. "AC control" is a misnomer. It is either off, or freezing you out. Dealer tech tells me it works great. Leather....oh the leather. Looked great at first, (and I do regular cleaning and conditioning), but the perforated seat surfaces ripped just like the pages out of a spiral bound notebook. And the dash has cracked. It now looks like a map of the Canadian Provinces. Started having mechanical issues around 100K. Coil pack on #3 cylinder melted in the tube, a royal PITA. Next trip the ECM fried, leaving me stranded between work and home. It seems the AC duct work condensed water and dripped onto the ECM. It was full of water and corrosion. It is probable that the ECM caused the coil pack issue. At the 105K mile service, found two broken motor mounts, a common problem I am told. And may as well get the lifetime alignment deal from your local tire store. You will use it three to four times a year. I have never had a car that went out of alignment so easily. So, while I love my TL, I will not buy another, as I can't afford a new one, and will not trust a used one again.

Great looking car 9 years later
By Tyler B

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Dash cracking (i live in Florida). 2007/ 2008 leather seats are a softer leather that does not hols up as well. I have a few tears and obvious ware on the front seats.... other than thats, this car is fantastic. I absolutely love it.

**UPDATE**
Vehicle still running strong. I replaced the torn leather seats myself, 90 minute job for each seat... placed a plastic dash cover-lay over the dash and hides the cracks very well. No mechanical issues at 97k. Still love the car!

Practical Midlife Crisis Car
By James

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Satisfied all the way around. I have never been disappointed in this car. Just with Acura for not making this car all-wheel-drive.

8 years of reliability and comfort
By Jim Blair

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Have really enjoyed my TL. nothing except routine maintenance and a timing belt which I replaced based on the manual's recommendation. Only issue is the bluetooth link went out and haven't wanted to spend the 350 to replace it. I highly recommend the car.