Used 2008 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Break it In
By !AHA!

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When I first got my Type-S, I was disappointed: the transmission felt jerky, the tires squealed readily during cornering and hard acceleration, and to top it off I bought an AUTO, which was all they had left. About three months later, the car literally transformed: the transmission was silky smooth, the handling was snappy and nimble, and there wasn't any real torque steer or understeer to deal with. It was still an auto, but that went well with the enormous number of luxury features. I can cruise in comfort and in style, or I can rip through the woods and destroy a Mitsubishi Eclipse at a stoplight. Either way, I'm no longer disappointed.

Speed, handling, ideal balance of sportiness and comfort. The six-disc in-dash surround sound DVD audio system rocks. The touchscreen navigation is far more user friendly than the "luxury knobs." Back-up camera, tilting rearview mirrors, Bluetooth connectivity, and voice-command are great.

Acura needs to produce more manual transmissions.

Graduating through the Honda line
By john

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my first civic in 85 and have owned a prelude, odessey and had been driving a 98 Accord with 172K miles. I thought it was time to continue with my Honda loyalty until they give me a reason not to, so I stepped up in class and bought the 08 TL in October. After 4 months, I have been very happy with this car. It looks plain from the outside, but is loaded with features. I would recommend it to anyone who wants high- performance, luxury and value.

It has a lot of high end features that I have come to appreciate: the voice recognition Hands-free link, dual climate control, dual driver setting memory. I am listening to music from the 80s on the cassette player. It is smooth, powerful and fun to drive especially in the manual shift mode

I have beefs that are frustrating because my accord had them. The gas mileage isn't good - about 23 mpg. There is no drawer for change, I hate messing with the coin holder. No sunglass holder, in the ceiling. Trunk release should be on the same lever as the gas. It needs gas cap holder on the lid

The Best Car I've Ever Driven
By Aristides

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is the best value for the money out there. There are no options, enhancements or suggestions that I could make to improve this vehicle. The interior and exterior design is superior and unfortunately, not matched by their 2009 TL entry. No problems whatsoever at 12,500 miles to date.

The entire car package

None

Problems with Acura
By sjb7

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a new (25 miles on it) 2008 Acura TL in early December. After driving the car for two weeks and 2000 miles the cam shaft seized and required 20 days of repair time. Understanding that this is not common at all I asked Acura for a replacement and they tried to get me to agree to an extended warranty and to wash their hands of liability. Acura has been terrible to work with and this is my first and last Acura solely because of how I have been treated. If you are in the market for a new car please consider all your options and keep in mind that Acura will not help you if you are sold a car with problems.

We love the looks of our Acura.

Acura needs to consider customer service and appreciation. They do not care about you after you buy a car from them.

Love the TL
By Daniel

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I drove a 2005 Honda Accord V6 before the TL and was so happy with the performance and reliability that I had to stay in the Honda family. There was a little buyers remorse b/c I didn't feel comfortable spending this amount of money on a car but I can honestly say I am very happy with the 08 TL. This car rides smooth and I love the interior. The navigation is wonderful with all its capabilities and voice recognition works pretty well. And, best of all the resell value is great for these cars. If I have one complaint it would be the rattles from the interior... they come and go as they please. But, I can deal with it if this is all I am unhappy about.