Used 2008 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

2008 TL w/ Navi
By JerseyGal

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the car for about 2 months now and so far so good. Overall, I'm very impressed. The ride is smooth, it handles curves well, and the tech package is extremely fun. I am having a problem getting my garage door opener connected to the rear view mirror. Additionally, the moment it gets cold my tire pressure lights come on.

Bluetooth, heated seats, back up camera, space, moon roof.

Fuel efficiency, it would be nice if the side mirrors automatically folded in, placement of the navi screen on the dash board.

Great car. Worth every buck
By Sid

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car in Sep '08 and I love this car. It is worth every buck for all the features that come standard with the car. Gas mileage is great for a 3.2L V6. I get 33 mpg highway and 19-24 mpg city. The sound system is really good. Interiors are well crafted. The only con would be slight rattle at low speeds, but no biggie, I can live with it for everything else it offers.

Voice recognition, sound system, interiors, and comfortable ride.

Slight rattles inside the car.

2008 TL-S First Impressions
By JVC

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2008 TL-S in late October. I was looking for a sporty design with a smart interior. The TL-S also had more room than my 2007 BMW 328xi. I have owned the Infinity 235 and find that its interior does not match up to the TL-S. I love the wheels, the ELS sound system and the whole exterior look. I know it may be tired but it is classic. I looked at the 2009 but was not impressed by the design. I also received a great deal on the year end model. I traded-in a 2007 Saab Convertible. Acura makes buying very easy because there are only two trim levels. The competitors make you pay for every feature.

Sound system, exterior styling, great ride, interior quality. Price, car comes with everything from a features standpoint

18" rims as standard. Head light washers and rain sensitive windshield washers

Value, Value, Value
By Scott

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I had an 2004, sold it and bought a 2008 after testing the 2009 TL which I liked but could not justify the $9,000 price difference. The 08 feels more sure footed and grippy compared to the 04 and their are better ergonomics inside.

Like the interior lighting. ELS surround sound. Drive by wire acceleration. Simple controls.

Would like some split fold rear seats. Better all season tires.

Quiet Confidence/ Lovin every minute!!
By Dookie

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/High-Performance Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded 94 Legend for the Carbon Bronze 2008 TL/S. The TL/S same or better features than Niss/BMW for less $$. The 3.5 gets the TL/S moving quickly & oversize brakes offer smooth braking. Cruising at 70mph is the norm as one doesn't recognize the "speed" so pay attention. Quiet cabin, heated seats/mirrors, nav, XM, reverse cam, CD, DVD, smooth yet firm ride, great acceleration, takes curves like a slot-car. Speeds > 100mph, smooth & silky w/no vibration. Driving this auto since 12/2007, its once again FUN TO DRIVE! Absolutely love it!

What comes standard in TL/S comes as extra in BMW and G35. Smooth/quiet ride, nice acceleration, impressive handling, overtaking other autos with plenty of power to spare. With this automobile one KNOWS the 3.5 will deliver. Plenty of trunk space, roomy interior. Did I say acceleration!!!

Stereo sound is a bit fuzzy and takes some getting accustomed too. Would prefer 18 inch wheels as standard. Toss the rear-deck lid "spoiler" as it appears an after-thought and doesn't compliment the "line." Toss the seat-belt non-use reminder. Steering radius is a little "long in the tooth."