Used 2007 Acura TL Type-S Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Acura TL Type-S

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Love My TL-S
By nomominivan

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got my TL Type S July 07. It has 3500 miles on it and love it. It's gorgeous! I am very comfortable in it, although I am not very big. My husband is not as comfortable but he's tall. I love the power and the handling that this car offers. Step on it and go! I like the feel of the road, and this car has that. My kids are comfortable in the back. The sound system is great. I love the back up camera & the ipod plug. I do have a rattle on the back trunk lid part where the speakers are. Will have them check it at my first service. I did have to replace one of the tires because I hit a pothole ($240). Tire guy told me the low profile tires are horrible. They look cool tho. So far very happy!

The looks, the seats, the power & the ride! Also the sound system, nav system, backup camera.

Get rid of the rattles before you sell the car! I dont like the plastic grill thingy on the front of the car, it can pop off when you press on it. The voice recognition doesn't understand me very well.

Has it all
By mmorFun

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is great. I had a 2004 Infiniti G35 and this car tops it by far. The interior has more room (I am 6'4"). I have plenty of head room and ample leg room. The stereo and nav is top notch. And the seats are very supportive and comfortable. The power on the Type S is very solid. Though one thing I miss is the rear wheel drive on the G35. But, besides that this car is very fun to drive.

Stereo/nav.

It would be great if they would make this rear wheel drive. Make the rims 18 or 19 inch on the type S.

Acura TL Type S
By greg

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Tried all the competition and chose this car, for it's the most balanced auto in terms of price, quality, engine, transmission, power, options, etc. Nice car no doubt!

Of course, this sofisticated voice command, HFL, and navigation with the rear view camera; tape / CD, sound quality, etc.

I wish the front bumper and grille were made of a better qualtiy material. Also, a couple of more inches of head room and maybe shoulder room as well, why not? For 6' tall guys like myself it's not exactly comfortable.. Also, the wheels look ok, but not really aggressive and sporty as they should be

My Follow Up Review
By Gboss

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

11,890 miles into my TL Type-S Automatic. Interior rattles are driving me nuts!! They come out of nowhere! Interior does scratch very easily. Car squeaks. Suspension or something from underneath the car? Not sure but getting it checked out. I think it's the suspension. Seat memory settings don't always work correctly. All station presets vanished on me a few times and came back the next day? Ghosts? Other than that the car is awesome! Compliments everywhere! Real rocketship! 286 HP!! Hwy I am getting 29 MPG. Overall AVG 23 MPG. I think that's pretty good!

Navigation, back-up camera, Bremo big brakes, exhaust tone, reliability, sound system, aggressive looks.

Xenon fog lights, xenon license plate light, stock TL-S wheels are ugly, keyless entry, Bluetooth, AWD, heated passenger seat back, cheap plastic interior, fold down back seat, stop the interior rattles.

Great performance, annoying rattles
By DWW

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2003 Type S and loved that car's ride, so thought that in purchasing the 2007 Type S I'd be just as pleased. The new Type S has unbelieveable power and acceleration and handles like a nimble sport car. All in all a very exciting and sporty ride. The sporty suspension does make the ride a little harsh. Almost every imperfection in the road gets transmitted through the steering wheel. The comfort is great and I love the navigation system and telematics. However, the interior rattles drive me crazy. No excuse for a luxury sport sedan of Acura's caliber to have this problem.

Power and handling. The exterior styling turns heads, especially the charcol grey wheels. The navigation system and telematics are first rate.

Key fob is huge. Wish it had a keyless system like the RL. Improve the interior build quality to eliminate the rattles.