Used 2007 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Navigation freezing up
By NAVIGATION

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Acura, but been having things go wrong; Navigation has been replaced once already, and now is still freezing up. Dealer says not sure what problem is. A lot of rattles inside cabin, Engine panels are being scratched by hood, along with the strut hood support. Plastic caps on door, and door panels rattle loose, plastic covering comes off on door pockets. Front grill piece of Acura logo, starting to rust. Why did they put a tape cassette player in it? Plugging in i-POD cable a joke and hard to operate when wire is snaked through arm rest. Why put heated seat buttons near cup holder? Coin collector keeper comes loose all the time when arm rest lifts up.

The x-m radio is a must in every vehicle. Fast acceleration is great. Looks of ACURA TL, are eye catching.

Why the cassette player? Heated seat buttons near cup holder? A disaster waiting to happen with wires if something spills in control. I-Pod wiring in arm rest is not helpful at all. Needs easier access for cigarette lighter plug in.

Acura kills fun
By Doug

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car has done what I thought was impossible. It's taken the fun out of driving. Outward visibility is useless. It's like living/driving in a cave. The all-back interior is hearse-like and depressing. The transmission is wonky. It has an impossible-to-read mind of its own. The suspension. Don't get me started. It can't decide whether it's a sports car or a sedan. The gas mileage is horrible. Sitting at idle in heavy traffic, you can watch the needle on the gas gauge slip down, down, down. The HVAC controls are confusing.

So far, no major quality or maintenance concerns.

Scrap it. Start all over. I see the new models are in the showroom. I haven't bothered to look at them. My last Honda product -- ever.

Good for me
By bigmac

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased an '07 TL after owning 2 accords. Notable step up. Fit and finish is superb. Comfort is fine for a 6 footer. Performance is generally very good. Low speed torque / gearing can sometimes be annoying. Brakes are as smooth and quiet as any I've experienced. It does not handle like a race car, but it is not a race car. For its purpose and market, handling is fun and responsive. Mechanics and reliability after 22,000 miles is perfect. I do not share other writers' experiences with rattles. This car is well insulated. Not the first rattle in my experience. BTW, the sound system is great, but I do agree that the ipod jack is poorly located.

style, fit & finish, mechanics and reliability, climate control system, sound system, electronics

relocate ipod jack slap stick is a waste

Dont buy it
By JAY

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I had high regards for acura but after owning one for almost 2 years, it is going down. Brakes were gone after only 15000 miles, Timing belt Idler pulley needs to be changed after only 20000 miles. Passenger side mirror clicks and every time it needs to be lubricated. My used car for years was not giving me any of these troubles. Rattles a lot. I only use car for fun, I don't drive it to work. I do no consider it as a luxury car and will not buy any Acuras in future and will recommend the same to family and friends.

Navigation and music system.

Chrome wheels, soft ride and better reliable quality overall.

Last Acura
By BK

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Acura (second TL - had an '04 before this), and sorry to say probably my last. My first two were great cars. This one, however, has had annoying problems. Most have been fixed by the dealership, but there is a noise coming from the brakes they have tried to fix 4 times and can't get it to go away for more than about 2 days at a time. We also have a 2008 Infiniti G35 and I am much happier with it, although I like the TL better on the highway; more comfort that sport. I am very disappointed that they can't isolate the noise that I hear ALL THE TIME.. fix it already! Every time I get in the car and hear the noise I shake may head and say to myself, "last Acura I will own.

Touch screen navigation is one of the best out there - much better than the iDrive, still looks goods even though the style is 5 years old (and much better than the new style - what is that front end about!). Very comfortable for long road trips.

After 8 years of driving Acuras my opinion is the build quality has gone down. My first Acura was as tight as a drum; I never had any problems. This one has been in the shop for "GM-type" repairs more times than I would like to count... at least they give me a loaner. Again, the last Acura I will own.