Used 2007 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 180 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

I'm hooked!
By cassie22598

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am absolutely hooked on Acura's now! I've liked them for a while and just thought they were a little too expensive. But I broke down and got one anyway and I am loving it! Acura has spoiled me rotten, with their excellent service and their reliability. Plus all the fun features this car has to offer. I don't think I could ever settle for less.

My favorite feature is the voice commands. It's fun to talk to the car and it talks back. My friends get a kick out of it every time we ride. It has a lot of technical features, but the raw power is still a classic. I love to rev up and go!

No improvements! This car is just what a sport luxury car ought to be! But some people complain about the premium gas and this is what I say to them, "Don't be so cheap! You buy a $30,000 car and complain that you have to pay 30 cents more a gal?" Don't make sense?!

Acura Quality is Questionable
By SteelRing

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Just finished my last payment so I will say this about my first wholly owned car: it's an excellent drive but it's far from perfect in terms of quality. First there is the 3rd gear problem affecting many models of manual transmission (both Honda and Acura). The battery has died twice, the passenger power window had problems going up, driver seat back cover came lose and some gaskets and weather seals have been replaced. The only good thing is that all was covered under warranty although the dealer still gouged me with their various xxK mile service, etc, which is not cheap. Still, it was engineered very well and so much better looking than the latest TL and way better feel.

Rack and Pinion Steering, top of the line Sound System, Great Mileage for the power (24 MPG average), Superb Interior with carbon fiber trimming and all hard buttons for most functions laid out intuitively instead of i-drive style control. Excellent handling when coupled with good tires.

Bluetooth handsfree voice control is a real PITA, they should made an on-screen menu for some functions as an option. Cabin noise is arguably very bad for any modern car in the last decade. LCD screen is fairly low resolution and looking very amateur. DVD update cost more than a brand new GPS unit.

Unstable and dangerous car on snow
By Vic

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Please beware this car is extremely dangerous on snow conditions due to its suspension, tires and being a front wheel drive vehicle. I would not recommend anyone to buy this car if you get snow in your areas. I would recommend to go for AWD vehicles like Audi for snow states in US. Snow tires will not be of much help for this car.

None

Make this car AWD vehicle or change the design so that it is at least safe to drive on snow.

Can't really go wrong with this car...
By mike

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased this as Certified Pre-owned. When compared to its Infiniti G, BMW 3 Series, Lexus IS and Audi A4 counterparts, using such factors as build quality, performance, comfort/convenience and manufacturer's overall attention to detail - all weighed against price - the TL is far and away the best value. It may not be the quickest, most nimble or even the most fun, but it is far above average. The TL is meant for a more utilitarian consumer: high-end without the flash (although still somewhat of a head-turner). Overall a very easy car to drive and the best front-drive you can buy. The 2007-08 TL compares closely to the 2010 TSX V6.

Good mix of power and fuel economy: going from 40 to 80 is fun, cruising at 75 mph still gets 30 mpg. Typical solid build quality of a Honda but with better materials. Nav/Technology is very intuitive. Handles very well for a front-drive. Sound system is excellent. All buttons are illuminated.

Paying for premium gas is a kick in the shorts. Not much else to improve on given the low price tag. I'm guessing the heavier doors serve a purpose for road noise, etc. Also, you must know what you are buying: a sport sedan. If you want a soft ride with cushy seats, then buy a freaking Cadillac!

Love it!
By gregyTL-S

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I Have a tl-s and my wife tl, we love these cars, best cars in their class, I don't even try to compere them to other because there is nothing to say, people who drove this car know what I I say. Performance is great, powerful, interior, acceleration, handling, features, all we need in one! BMW, Mercedes and others. Take these cars to Europe and drive it junks by yourself. :))

Engine, tight suspension, handling, aggressive look, xenon headlights. Too many others

more HP