Used 2007 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 169 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

TL is Just a Great Car
By GovJohn

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I had been driving a Volvo S60 and had nothing but problems with it and was debating between TL and BMW 328. My buddy went with BMW and I went with TL. I made the right choice. Although it does not handle quite as sporty as the BMW, it will go when you need it to go. The everything standard interior is where it blows away the competition (especially the BMW). Compare standard package on a TL and then add them as options to everything else in its class and money makes it an easy decision. It is roomy, the sound system is great, and all controls are very easy to use. If this is the way Acura makes all its cars, I will be loyal for a long time.

Everything inside the car.

There has to be a way to get better gas mileage.

The Best Valued Sport Sedan 2007
By AB

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned previous Acura TLs (2) and was very happy to see Honda bring back the Type-S this year. The impressive thing about this car is the level of features added from older versions. The fact that there are no options needed or available tells it all. The only thing I added was the iPod connection. The car's handling and performance is what makes it fun to drive. They didn't just add the RL engine, they did a great job tuning the suspension to really use the additional HP. This is probably the best buy out there right now when you consider all of the standard features, the fun to drive quotient, and the price you pay. Kudos to Acura.

Suspension, drivetrain, interior.

A greater color selection on the Type-S.

Wonderful car to Own
By mustangkay1

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is an excellent car. They handle well, drive wonderfully and are just great all around. I traded in a 2005 mustang for the Acura and it suprised me with speed, comfort, and looks. I love Acura!!

Bluetooth phone in the speakers!! all around comfort!!

None.

Perfectly balanced package for the money
By eb_tldriver

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I first noticed theTL for its super sharp looks. It looks and drives like a very well equipped sports sedan rather than a rich person's silver-metallic luxury car. I read (all very favorable) reviews, and then I test drove it. I loved driving it. I liked how Acura put together such a great handling, well performing, excellently equipped car in one decently priced and sharp looking package. I like that the car does not look too showy, but that you get the real pleasure from it by actually driving it and from all of the fantastic features packed with it. I have automatic, but I drive it on sportshift. It absolutely feels like the manual shifter.

Engine, acceleration, sportshift auto-manual shifter, styling, interior/cabin, handsfree link, stereo system.

Low fuel indicator comes on with 4 gallons left. (Tank 17 gallons, full range 13). Gas mileage could be better although I got 34 miles/gallon trying to keep it at 65 mph on the interstate. Easy to get ticket with (really easy).

Amazing ride!
By Brian

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I went with Acura because of their known reliability and my experience with Hondas. I test drove Acuras that were 3-5 years old before this, to see how they hold up, and was very impressed. I'm hoping mine will hold up and ride the way the used ones I drove did. After looking at Infiniti, Lexus, and BMW, I went with Acura for their resale value and the fact that you get more for your money. So far, no regrets! I love the way people stare at my car at lights and in parking lots!

Back-up camera, navigation system, sound system, comfort, exterior and interior design, iPod link, Bluetooth.

I have only minor complaints: the iPod locks up a lot (it's a hassle to have to unplug it and plug it back in all the time), I'm not thrilled about the way the driver seat is wearing, wish it had SmartKey/IntelligentKey, remote start would be cool, and wish it got slightly better fuel economy.