Used 2007 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 169 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Good for the price
By rich1950

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Fast and stylish, great interior and sound system.

Sound system, fuel economy.

Better standard tires, all wheel drive.

A Nice "Sporty Sedan"
By RBSC

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After 10 yrs and 145,000 mi I sold my 528 BMW for a TL. First things first IMO the BMW E39 is superior to the TL in all dynamic driving categories period. But having said that the TL is still a very fine car. Reasonably quick, stylish, comfortable, quiet (no rattles here) and good gas mileage (got almost 31 mpg on our last trip). But the TL does have issues. First is the transmission, under normal everyday driving it's flawless but try some spirited driving and it's slow to kick down and the computer gets confused hunting for the right gear. Second is the suspension, it's jittery and on less than smooth roads the front will bounce, this is not a good thing, especially in a 'sports sedan'.

The entire package - a solid 'sporty car' at a reasonable price. The car comes 'standard' with every option I would want including a great stereo and the nav system is excellent.

Retune the suspension, correct the bouncing and realize a 'sport suspension' doesn't need to be brittle, maybe that will happen with the new TL slated for 2009. Get rid of the 'slush box automatics' and move to a "DSG auto gearbox" like the ones used by Audi & VW. They are amazing!

My Follow Up Review
By Gboss

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

11,890 miles into my TL Type-S Automatic. Interior rattles are driving me nuts!! They come out of nowhere! Interior does scratch very easily. Car squeaks. Suspension or something from underneath the car? Not sure but getting it checked out. I think it's the suspension. Seat memory settings don't always work correctly. All station presets vanished on me a few times and came back the next day? Ghosts? Other than that the car is awesome! Compliments everywhere! Real rocketship! 286 HP!! Hwy I am getting 29 MPG. Overall AVG 23 MPG. I think that's pretty good!

Navigation, back-up camera, Bremo big brakes, exhaust tone, reliability, sound system, aggressive looks.

Xenon fog lights, xenon license plate light, stock TL-S wheels are ugly, keyless entry, Bluetooth, AWD, heated passenger seat back, cheap plastic interior, fold down back seat, stop the interior rattles.

Great performance, annoying rattles
By DWW

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2003 Type S and loved that car's ride, so thought that in purchasing the 2007 Type S I'd be just as pleased. The new Type S has unbelieveable power and acceleration and handles like a nimble sport car. All in all a very exciting and sporty ride. The sporty suspension does make the ride a little harsh. Almost every imperfection in the road gets transmitted through the steering wheel. The comfort is great and I love the navigation system and telematics. However, the interior rattles drive me crazy. No excuse for a luxury sport sedan of Acura's caliber to have this problem.

Power and handling. The exterior styling turns heads, especially the charcol grey wheels. The navigation system and telematics are first rate.

Key fob is huge. Wish it had a keyless system like the RL. Improve the interior build quality to eliminate the rattles.

Review of 2007 Acura TL Base Model
By Gordon

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

When I was looking for a new car, I compared the G35, IS 250, Toyota Avalon, and the TL with each other. The thing I really liked best was that the things I really wanted (multi-CD changer, moonroof, leather) all come standard with the TL. I have had the car now for 3 months and I am really enjoying driving it. Although not as much horsepower as the S-Type, it is the most powerful car I have owned. I'm surprised I have not been pulled over yet. This is the first car I have owned that I have hit 100+ MPH with! I love the interior of the car with the black leather pretty much throughout. I like having the audio controls on the steering wheel.

Just the overall exterior and interior looks. I can see having this car for 10 years and not feeling like it will ever look dated. I love the leather seats and the stereo is very good.

I would bump up the HP of the basic package to get closer to say, a G35. I have 260 HP vs. 305 for G35.