Used 2007 Acura TL Type-S Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Acura TL Type-S

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Best of Breed
By moria01

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got the Type-S almost as soon as it came out and didn't see another for months - it is definitely a head-turner! It can't beat the Infiniti G35x or the Lexus IS 350 in aceleration, but it handles great, drives smooth and quiet, and is absolutely loaded with features. I love this car!!!

This is a hot looking car! The quad exhaust and body styling set it apart from the Infiniti and Lexus. I fit it with the 18" wheels w/ HP tires and it is even slicker! All the included tech is great; backup cam, navi/voice cmd, bluetooth. Controls are well laid out and it is very comfortable.

None - this is by far the best car in its class and you get a huge value for the $$$

What a ride!
By Azeemdadream

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First and foremost, I have to say this car turns heads like no other I've driven. It looks good and sounds even better. I've had the car for less than 2 weeks and can't stop finding reasons to go outside and drive it. The quad exhaust has this deep thundering hum when dropping from 3rd to 2nd. On the flip side of this, with the windows closed on the highway, it's like sitting in a serene park. You almost want to turn down the stereo just so you can here the pindrop silence. The back up camera is all you need to reverse and the auto flip mirrors are just an added bonus. This car has so many features that I don't even know where to start. Love the car and hands down would've bought this again

Sexy looks, engine sound, quad exhaust is mean looking, paddle shifters, backup camera, flip down mirrors, navi technology, navi screen size, red lights, metal race pedals, two tone leather, kinetic blue color, bluetooth, too many to name

Gas consumption is probably my only complaint as it's heart breaking to see the meter come down so fast but I guess it comes with the territory.

Bang for the buck
By lions208487

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove the new G35, and well the Acura can't quite beat the Infiniti as far as straight off the line power, however, when it comes to the complete package for the money, nothing beats the Type-S. Test drove the BMW 3 series, Mercedes C-class, Infiniti, Lexus, and Acura. I went with the Type-S simply for everything you get with the car. Fun to drive, great power, and all the extras that you would have to pay more for with another vehicle.

Engine, smooth transmission, and interior comforts

Bigger wheels.

The '07 TL Type S won in my comparison!
By rl6569

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was recently in the market for a new automobile, and I researched those that would provide me with the greatest value, economy, safety, and technology. I test drove the Lexus IS350, BMW 5 series, and the Mercedes-Benz C350 Sport Sedan. All of these automobiles were impressive in their own right, but the Acura TL Type S wasn't even on my radar. That is, until I spoke with a few friends, and they suggested that I check out the Acura TL. So, I did. I went to the local dealership and presented them with a laundry list of items that I wanted to see on my next automobile. As I ran down the list, they said that all of the features that I wanted to see were STANDARD on the TL. WOW!!

The SAFETY ratings of the TL. Bluetooth, back-up camera, navigation w/voice recognition.

Rear folding seats & larger diameter factory wheels. An engine that doesn't require premium fuel and some additional HP.

The '07 TL Type S won in my comparison!
By rl6569

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I recently was in the market for a new vehicle. I looked at everything from the '07 Mercedes C350 Sport Sedan, to the BMW 5 Series, and the Lexus IS 350. I drove all of the vehicles. But, it only took one drive of the TL Type-S to realize the value for the price. I wanted daytime running light, side airbags, great sound system, alarm, good crash ratings, and navigation. All of my requested items were already standard on the '07 Acura TL Type-S.

I love the voice recognition for the navigation system and works most of the time (95%). The Bluetooth works flawlessly. I believe the best feature is the backup camera!! The Ultra Low Emission is a great way to FEEL "green".

Enable the use of lower octane fuel and increase HP.