Used 2007 Acura TL Type-S Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Acura TL Type-S

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Type S
By Bertinoj

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned an 04 TL, and an 05 RL. I traded that RL on a G35 coupe. Loved the G35, but really missed the Acura product. So, this past June 25th I walked into an Acura dealership and negotiated a deal on a 07 TL type S. A lot of the bells and whistles of the RL, faster and more stable than the TL. How can you go wrong. Not as fast as the G35, but so much more refined, and a pleasure to drive.

Engine, navigation, voice commands, bluetooth.

Stereo. I have had many a near luxury car, I have seen multiple stereo systems in a car, and I find that for the price tag this car should really rock. Find a way to better this, and maybe add AWD or some type of driving enhancement to overcome the torque steer.

Finally a good purchase!
By mhoule2732

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

To start off, I owned a 2003 Type S as well. I drove the car to 100,000 miles with only 1 problem (a broken axle). I loved the car but sold due to the higher mileage and purchased a 2003 Audi A4 6cyl 3.0 engine. I never liked it and kept only 5 months. I test drove the G35x, IS 350, BMW 3 series, and FX35 Infiniti and chose the Type S again. This car is very fast and fun to drive. The handling is great but the ride is just OK, but I guess if you don't want that type of ride buy the regular TL (still happy). Really no complaints but I do only get about 19 MPG. I guess that's not too bad considering how impossible it is to not drive like a complete maniac.

Voice command - as long as the windows are not opened it works almost flawlessly. I never get errors in phone numbers like a few other reviewers posted. Nav is great. Brembo brakes are much better than on the 03 Type S. everything is located in the right place unlike other cars I test drove.

The one thing that would set this car apart from the rest is AWD. The audio system is great with CDs or iPod but while on XM it is not loud enough. 300+ HP. Also, with all the technology they have no smart key? Really being picky but I would change the leather to something that doesn't wrinkle.

2007 Acura TL Type-S 5AT Regular Tires
By Ken

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I previously owned an '05 TL and told the dealer I'd buy a new one when they dropped the RL's engine in it. Got a call, went down and test drove the TL-S. Loved it from the beginning. The suspension with the standard tires is much more compliant but still has enough firmess for great handling. My '05's suspension used to crash over road imperfections and was stiff. I found the TL-S to be much more refined with plenty of HP/torque with little torque steer. I looked at Infiniti's M45 and at BMW's 5 series; both are overpriced compared to the features on the TL-S.

Comfort and performance in a sports sedan. Good cabin room. Long list of standard features. Very refined sports suspension that you can live with and is still fun to drive hard. Stereo. Look of TL-S.

Stonger A/C. To get cool in very hot weather, you must use the RC button. The TL-S had a defective computer in the voice control console that drained the batttery dead. Replaced.

Nice Ride
By whulik

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the TL-S for a week now and I love it. I'm sure a sports car purist would find plenty to gripe about, but it's NOT a sports car, it's a sporty sedan. And as a sporty sedan the TL-S excels. The engine is excellent with lots of low end torque and a wide power band. Handling is crisp but will not rattle your teeth loose. The interior is very well laid out, quiet and comfortable. All in all, it's as near perfect as a car can get.

The navigation system is neat and seems to pick the best routes. The stereo is also very good and I love that it plays MP3s from CD or DVD.

I seem to be having an issue with the memory settings for the seats. Also the engine is so quiet and the noise cancellation works so well that it is sometimes too quiet. This makes it a little difficult to get audible input as to what is happening with the drive train.

Much Better than an Accord, BMW, Lexus
By Desiree W.

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great buy for an entry-level luxury car. It has great HP, easy steering, and looks great. I opted for the 19" Acura chrome wheels and chose the red exterior for a more feminine look. It has been called a "sexy" car by many who have seen it and I must agree. However, I think the carbon grey or the black is very handsome! You will love the sound of the exhaust and find yourself wondering if there's a V-8 in there. Also, no more second guessing your reverse-parking skills due to the fancy back up camera.

I love the back up camera! This alone would prompt me to buy this car again! I also like the navigation display that changes with day/night, and the XM radio.

No rattling noises like the one I'm hearing from the driver's side handgrip. A passenger's side NON- BEEPING seatbelt, less road noise on bumpy Alabama interstates, a push- button start.