Used 2006 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 263 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

An overall winner
By LisaB315

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I can truly attest to this car's performance, having driven it for 80,000 miles and 3 solid years. It is a fun car to drive, be it in the city or on a country road. Everything you can think of with a few exceptions (I'll get to those next) is included (not an option) like Bluetooth, steering wheel controls, driver & passenger memory seats, awesome navigation with touch screen and there's even a light in the glovebox. The downsides:no MP3 connection,no need for cassette player,rear seats don't fold, moon roof controls should be mounted on dashbord.I recommend Michelin tires for a quiet ride.The TL is extremely affordable to maintain- I still have my original brakes with 5k+ miles remaining.

Navigation, brakes, excellent handling and braking, fun to drive stylish ride, excellent climate control system and great audio system.

Remote control needs longer range and a facelift, rear-folding seats, mount moonroof controls on dashboard, add radio scan button on steering wheel

The rattles and the jerking finally won.
By samsam

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I was so excited when I bought my 2006 TL. It was and still is one of the best looking cars on the road. However, after just one week the rattles began. I should have listened to other reviews. I tried for 2 years to pretend they didn't bother me because the car is beautiful and reliable. The real problem is the ride to the TL's prior to 2007 suspension upgrade was just too rough and it shakes everything loose. You can't even enjoy the DVD audio because ALL the speakers rattle and no one at my Acura dealership could fix them. I had a 2007 loaner once and noticed they finally fixed the suspension-that car was quiet. I finally gave up and traded it in this month (not for another Acura).

Beautiful car. Beautiful transmission. Great navigation (the best). Great gas mileage.

Well they recognized the suspension shaking everything loose and already fixed that in 2007. Torque steer is bad, even if you're not a speed demon through the corners. Please, believe me if you're looking at a used 2004 to 2006 TL - EVERYTHING rattles.

Perfect Blend
By Car Rob

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I love cars, but I hate when they break. My last BMW spend more time in for service than it did in my garage! This thing isn't quite as fun as a 330i, BUT IT DOES NOT BREAK! Plus, I can't complain about 31 mpg with cruise set at 80 mph! You do have to run premium if you want optimum horsepower and MPG. Go with the manual transmission and dump the stock all season tires and you can't go wrong. Couldn't justify spending two grand on a nav system when I can read maps, so I didn't order that. The upgraded Brembo brakes that come with the manual version are simply amazing, but pedal modulation could be a little easier at the top of tip in. So comfortable on any road, find some twisties and enjoy!

Reliability, fuel economy, even better than usual Xenon headlights, slick 6-speed, almost no torque steer for a front wheel drive car.

See the new 2009 TL Type-S, as far as I can tell they have fixed all of my complaints about my regular 2006! All-wheel drive!

Have Fun, be Responsible!
By PT

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Interior: superb electronics and AC (a must in AZ), very stylish; seats are short, lack thigh support. Exterior: good curb appeal. Large turning radius; front bumper scrapes every driveway. Visibility is more sporty than sedan like. 0-25 is good, 25-80 is smooth and superb. Handles brilliantly, feels safe. Feel the road - rides best with (costly) Michelins - everything else detracts from sporty feel. This is a firm, not cushy ride. Quieter than an Accord, but more road noise than a Mercedes or Camry. Everyone likes driving this car. Smallish trunk, rear seats do not fold down, so, not good for moving stuff. If you can afford it, I doubt you can find a better car.

Very responsive handling, excellent AC, 24 mpg, excellent acceleration.

Rear seats fold down to increase cargo space.

Love this car
By larpine

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought this 06 with ten thousand miles. Great car, ample power, a little too fun to drive, (hard to get where you are going when you never want to get out of the car), sleek design. After researching I found that this car holds its value better than ANYTHING in its class, beats Mercedes and BMW, and offers so much more with Honda reliability. Rear visibility is not good, thinking the back up sensors may be worth the money considering what bumpers cost. People complain of the back end design of the car so I added a spoiler, looks great. Got it for my 45th birthday, great investment for the young at heart.

Power, handling, braking overall style of the car.

Make back up camera and sensors standard. Aux. Jack in place of cassette deck, and far lessor vehicles come with auto on/off for the headlights and really should be standard on the TL. Bridgestone tires are noisy and look cheap. I've been told to buy Michelins for replacements.