Used 2006 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 262 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

The Air cond. doesn't cool in Arizona
By Jim

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I loved this car for the 1st 18 months I owned this car except for the over weight front doors that are out of balance. Performance, comfort, handling, gas mileage and overall looks were all great. Last summer it stopped fully cooling down on hot days. I took it in for warranty service 3 times and they said it was working as designed. Really sad, now I'm trying to get rid of it. You can't have a car with bad air in Arizona during the summer.

Plenty of power even if they over rated it.

Fix the front door balance...they did in the new 2009 as well as a new air conditioning system.

Correction to My Previous Review....
By AmyB

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Under my "Suggested Improvements" Mystery solved on the seat that kept sliding back when I got in, making me have to reset to my auto-setting. Dealer had only given me one set of keys..keys are marked "Driver 1& 2"..I had Driver 2 key and my seat setting is for Driver 1. Got both sets now..so when you open car, or start it with key 1 or 2, corresponding seat setting applies automatically. So there is no problem with the seat backing up automatically, as I originally thought...only had to do with the key & driver settings matching up!

See other review.

See other review.

Beautiful Looking & Driving Car-Love It!
By AmyB

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2006 in Feb of 2009 and I love it! Best driving car I've owned, even compared to a luxury sports car I have. A mechanic I know described it as "the car that you feel one with when you drive it!", and he's exactly right. Smooth, beautiful, easy ride, without being cushy or boring. In other words it has great road feel in a good way, but is not hard...it's nimble, agile, firm but smooth as silk. Beautiful interior....open & airy, with classic sleek styling and perfect ergonomics. This is a lovely car, inside and out. A lot of comfort, luxury and style for the price range. Only been two months but so far so good....Loved it instantly upon first test-drive and even more now!

Open, airy, pretty interior. Good sized, wide sunroof that sits and curves over my head, rather than too far back as other cars have. Exterior shape and styling. Comfortable seats.

Wish it got a little better gas mileage, but not worse than I expected for 6 cylinders. I like that the seat moves back to let me in, but wish I could stop that setting for times I don't want to keep having to move it up again; also might wear out the seat motor needlessly. All else is great!

Great car, bad experience
By Ash

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Performance Tires, Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I recently bought my 06 TL and love it!! I will stick with Acura from here out! I gladly traded in my 06 Mercedes CLK( it broke down two weeks into purchase!) for the TL and am happier then ever... Even though these are very diff cars ( luxury vs sport) the clk just does not compare at all!!! TL has all the power and looks comp to clk plus a whole lot more! And most are standard. Beautiful car, beautiful performance and it will definitely outlast a Mercedes! Love love love my TL!

Navi, voice command, heated seats, handling, exterior design.

Only 1 thing.... Mp3 jack

An overall winner
By LisaB315

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I can truly attest to this car's performance, having driven it for 80,000 miles and 3 solid years. It is a fun car to drive, be it in the city or on a country road. Everything you can think of with a few exceptions (I'll get to those next) is included (not an option) like Bluetooth, steering wheel controls, driver & passenger memory seats, awesome navigation with touch screen and there's even a light in the glovebox. The downsides:no MP3 connection,no need for cassette player,rear seats don't fold, moon roof controls should be mounted on dashbord.I recommend Michelin tires for a quiet ride.The TL is extremely affordable to maintain- I still have my original brakes with 5k+ miles remaining.

Navigation, brakes, excellent handling and braking, fun to drive stylish ride, excellent climate control system and great audio system.

Remote control needs longer range and a facelift, rear-folding seats, mount moonroof controls on dashboard, add radio scan button on steering wheel