Used 2006 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 263 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Other reviewers are too picky.
By Jennie

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I owned the 2003 TL before updating to the 2006. I also worked in Service at an Acura dealership. The most common complaint is the rattling, but a conscientious technician can fix that. (My car doesn't rattle and it doesn't happen in all of them.) Depending upon your personal driving habits, you *may* go through brakes and tires. If you want a good quality, reliable vehicle, get a TL. My two 80-pound dogs don't damage the interior and neither will your kids. The TL is also mechanically sound. I've worked in Service for other brands so believe me, I'm loyal to Acura for a reason. Compare cost, features, and reliability and it's no wonder that Acura has the highest resale value.

Navigation is better than any other brand, Bluetooth, seat warmers, intuitive design.

Better clear coat--seems to scratch easier than my old Ford truck.

service
By lgs

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

A good car. but don't get it serviced by the dealer, Acura will call you over and over to question you about the service, I called the local dealer and they could not get me off the call list. Well, if you go local don't give your phone number. Otherwise a great car, but the trunk could have better lighting, awesome sound system though.

Radio, gas mileage, looks

Is terrible in snow, why the tape player?

Dependable and fun to Drive
By macura

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I was originally looking for a second automobile with good fuel economy. I bought this car when it was 3 years old with 25,000 miles on it. This car has exceeded all my expectations. It's agile, and, while others complain of the "heavy" steering and road noise, I love the way this car feels. It is as planted at 60mph as it is switching lanes at 80mph. I can "feel" the road surface through the steering wheel not an objectionable feeling imho and the steering response is quick and precise. All this and I regularly get 30 mpg in a well appointed, sneaky fast and RELIABLE Honda product. I made the right decision!

heated seats auto temp control hands free cellphone control

Great used car purchase
By AMDE

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The TL is a great car for its price. This car made the transition from driving a sports car to a sport sedan easy. And the excellent crash test ratings make it even better.

Performance is awesome....Acura's quality service and reliability...great looking car inside and out.

As other people have mentioned...stop the rattles! And the door not staying open when I want it to is annoying. Would like auto headlights and MP3 capability also.

Used 2006 TL
By Scott

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used with 69000 miles. I was pretty happy with the price at $15,700 (Acura Lease car). This is my 3rd TL and each one I've put over a 100k on. Very good reliable cars that perform very well. I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a performance geared sedan.

Gas mileage is awesome. Avg 24-26 driving to work and 30 on the road. Love the power and handling. Overall very comfortable to commute in.

Minor ones but important. Auto headlights (every Chevy has this). No aux input for radio (car this expensive should have that). Audio display information (again even a cheap chevy has this). Lastly, it does rattle a bit.