Used 2006 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 263 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Comfort, Class, & Honda Reliable
By DCE

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My wife needed to replace her aging Jag so we went looking and she drove a 2 year old Acura TL with 47K that was in dealer's lot. It was as sturdy as rock - no squeaks, rattles, or signs of aging. And the very best Nav System on any car I've seen. After driving the competitors, we returned to the dealer and bought a brand new TL. After 5 months, no problems, no regrets. I'm the sportscar type (S2000) but I keep finding reasons to drive the Acura. Just wish it was RWD - on hard acceleration from very low speed I can feel the torque steer. Other than that, no complaints.

Fantastic and usable Navigation system. Superb sound system, excellent driving position. Cool blue instrument lights. Very, very comfortable.

Better auto trans gear ratios for city driving, steering wheel toggles for the trans., auto headlights.

driver
By milan

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehicle for your money. Can't find better car for that much. Great space also, with perfect rear seats.

Blue tooth technology, performance and very easy to drive.

Michelin on all models

2003TL to 2006 TL
By Bob W

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We loved the 2003, but wanted to get the navigation system and the blue tooth capability. 2006 has more power and more air bags. Great XM radio. great service at the dealer Front head rests are too big blocking view out the side and rear. Passenger seat is too low for short folks. Ride is OK on smooth road, but rough on broken pavement.

power, handling, great leather, dealer service, XM radio

smaller headrests, return to smoother suspension, detune engine to run on regular grade fuel. make passenger seat 8 way adjustable.

Great car
By Larry S.

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Performance Tires, Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Second Acura I've owned. Test drove the competion before I bought but Acura was at the head of the pack. Instrumentation is easy to read and controls are intuitive. The voice command system required close attention to the manual at first and mating my Blue Tooth cellphone to the car required a quick visit to the dealership to set up. The car is very fast off the line and the auto transmission shifts are silky smooth. Great fun to drive and the A Spec package with 18" tires lets it corner like a dream. This extra was definatily worth it.

The Navigation system is tremendous and easy to use. The quality of the sound system in this car would be tough to beat. My previous 1998 CL had a Bose system but the Acura in- house system in my new TL is definitely superior. Service provided at all Acura Dealerships is first class.

CD/DVD capacity could be higher then only 6 discs. Fog lamps would be a nice option. The annual updated GPS DVD's for the Navigation system should be compementary for at least the first 5 years of ownership

Glad I got it!!!
By Dutch56

2006 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I agonized buying a '06 TL verses a '06 MB E350. I know, it sounds crazy. I owned several Mercedes Benz over 9 yrs and my friends say it's in my blood. All were shocked when I bought a black TL w/ Nav and 18" chrome wheels. The value is tremendous. Yes, the MB has status but look at the MB reliablity...it's bad. My mechanic is now a well-to do man. The TL has much more to offer and the sound system is great. I highly recommend the Nav. It adds a whole new dimension to the car.

Sound system with DVD audio, style, comfort, acceleration at 60+ mph; Nav with voice control

Auto head lights, driver's door needs to stay open easier